X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 1.47.02 available

Build 1.47.02 - 11 May 2005:

Modified features:

* VRayProxy objects are now treated as bitmaps so that they can be exported along with the rest of the scene.
    * If the Secondary rays bias is 0.0 in texture baking mode, VRay will automatically adjust this to 0.001 to avoid errors.

Extended features:

* New parameter Anisotropy added to the DOF parameters. This allows the stretching of the bokeh effect horizontally or vertically.
    * Added a hidden parameter system_vrayLog_ccToDebugger to allow redirecting the VRay log to the 3dsmax log file.
    * Added a hidden parameter system_vrayLog_numThreads for manual control of the number of rendering threads.
    * Added a new parameter Blur GI to the Irradiance map parameters with the purpose of reducing flickering of GI in animations with moving objects.

Bug fixes:

* Hair in 3dsmax 7.5 in buffer mode did not render in camera views.
    * Complex materials (Blend, Shellac) and the falloff map with shadow/light mode did not work in path tracing mode.
    * Highlights were not computed in the Progressive path tracing Mode of the Light cache.
    * Zooming and panning in the 3dsmax VFB could crash 3dsmax.
    * Multi/sub materials with some shader types could render with wrong brightness.
    * Interpolated glossy reflections didn't work with Multi/sub material.
    * Crashes with displacement and motion blur when the displacement map used Object XYZ mapping.
    * Crashes during building the irradiance map with Overlapped Look-up mode when Interp. samples not divisible by 4.
    * When the Override mtl button is clicked, the Material Browse dialog is opened twice in 3dsmax7.
    * In track view, the parameter names for VRayDisplacementMod were wrong.
    * The Hilbert curve generator crashed if the region size is larger than the rendered region.
    * Rare crashes with dynamic geometry (displacement etc) when it needed to be unloaded from memory.
    * Objects with Visible to camera off were visible in the z-buffer.
    * Spots with back-facing UVW triangles in texture baking mode.
    * Planar from object XYZ mapping mode did not work with motion blur enabled.
    * The Ward BRDF in the VRayMtl could cause red dots in the scene.
    * Missing UVW coordinates could cause splotches in the scene.
    * The VRayHDRI map with Angular Mapping type could produce invalid colors.
    * Crashes with subdivision/displacement when they were applied to both moving and static objects in a scene with motion blur on.
    * The texture channel for anisotropy was not working.
    * When Switch to saved map is on, VRay switched to From file Mode even when GI is off.
    Peter
    ...keep walking...

getting closer....
    Dmitry Vinnik
    Silhouette Images Inc.
    ShowReel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

is Vlado working on a 64bit vray???

btw, is there anything we should be aware when moving from 109 to 145 ?
      www.cgtechniques.com | http://www.hdrlabs.com - home of hdri knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Dschaga
        is Vlado working on a 64bit vray???

btw, is there anything we should be aware when moving from 109 to 145 ?
        Yes, there are some differences that you should keep in mind... I think there were several threads on this topic already, you can try to look them up.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

* Zooming and panning in the 3dsmax VFB could crash 3dsmax.

Good to see Vray getting cured from bugs.
          Many important fixes in this update!

Now DR and Framebuffer and we're there.
          Sascha Geddert
          www.geddart.de

Comment

Are there any changes with regard to DR in this build?

Also (just out of curiosity) what makes this a .xx release instead of a .46.yy release?
            You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your work !
              Gaël

Comment

GI BLur - damn interesting
                Tested already - nice effects could be easily achived
                I just can't seem to trust myself
                So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
                ---------------------------------------------------------
                CG Artist

Comment

Hi all,

Gotta say Vray is awesome. It's great getting updates, features and bug fixes. I am so happy I choose Vray over any other renderer! The support is second to none. It's a huge bonus having a forum where we can get feed back and help.

Keep up the great work guys; you rock!

rpc212
                  rpc212
                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

woohoo anamorphic DOF!

not sure about the units you are using though - mucking around it seemed I have to set it to minus .25 to get a 2:1 vertical stretch to match the look of panavision anamorphic lenses. It's cool to be able to do it, but I think the units you are using should correspond better to real world camera values in the same way you use aperature settings. I'm not sure if the -.25 setting is correct though, Vlado, do you know offhand whats technically correct?

anyway cheers it's really appreciated! look forward to using it in production!

RuairĂ­ Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruairi
                      woohoo anamorphic DOF!

not sure about the units you are using though - mucking around it seemed I have to set it to minus .25 to get a 2:1 vertical stretch to match the look of panavision anamorphic lenses. It's cool to be able to do it, but I think the units you are using should correspond better to real world camera values in the same way you use aperature settings. I'm not sure if the -.25 setting is correct though, Vlado, do you know offhand whats technically correct?

anyway cheers it's really appreciated! look forward to using it in production!

RuairĂ­ Robinson
                      Well, it's not in any particular units; it defines how the original circle shape is distored - it is squashed in one direction, and stretched in the other by the same magnitude. So, 0.25 is the correct value for a 2:1 stretch. It is the stretch in one direction, divided by the shrink in the other direction, so you get 0.5/2=0.25 for 2:1.

Best regards,
                      Vlado
                      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

About VRayProxy.

It would be very helpful if the bitmap follows the vrmesh. I kinda use VRayProxies as XRefs.

I have small scenes that i refernce in a large scene. When I do updates to the smaller scenes I then export them as VRayProxies and then update the proxies in the large scene. But then the material is still from the old one.

So therefor is it possible to get the materials conneted to the vrmesh somehow or do I have the merge the VRayProxy to get the material?

cheers!
                        Peter Brauner
                        VFX Artist
                        Effektfabriken
                        http://www.effektfabriken.se/

Comment

Working...
                        X