Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New batch of Gnomon DVDs (inlcudes GI with Vray)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cecil gittens
    Chris, thanks for the DVDs i brought both of them and things are much simpler now. To complete this set you need to do a material and texturing DVD. I will be the first in line to buy it. THanks again

Cecil G
    Hmmmm... a lot of people seem to be pointing me that way. I have some ideas (that may include materials).

Comment

I would love to see an animation/compositing/hd/dvd series too.

Anyways, I have your 2 dvd's. I just have to make the time to go through them. Thanks for doing them.
      Tim Nelson
      timnelson3d.com

Comment

You must include materials, to complete the set, Explain Textrue painting, UVW unrap ext.

Cecil Gittens

Comment

Originally posted by cecil gittens
          You must include materials, to complete the set, Explain Textrue painting, UVW unrap ext.

Cecil Gittens
          Actually texture painting is part of the role of a texture artist, and uvw uv-mrapping is part of the modeling or texture artist. I can unwrap hard surface models pretty well (having modeled ands unwrapped many a building for Day After Tomorrow), and while my textures look ok for my DVD, I am not as qualified as other artists are to talk about it. Gnomon has several DVDs on that subject:

http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/dvds/smi04.html
          http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/dvds/pca01.html
          http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/dvds/pca02.html

I have not checked the above out, but I have seen part of these:

http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/dvds/jen01.html
          http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/dvds/jen02.html
          http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/dvds/jen03.html

Which include some great texture libraries. Jeremy is really good. I think they have a bundle package if you want all three.

Comment

Originally posted by timmatron
            I would love to see an animation/compositing/hd/dvd series too.

Anyways, I have your 2 dvd's. I just have to make the time to go through them. Thanks for doing them.
            I was thinking of that too... All focued on lighting of course. I think it would be really cool and fun to do, but since I have a huge market of archviz people, not sure how well it would sell.

Comment

Originally posted by cpnichols
              I was thinking of that too... All focued on lighting of course. I think it would be really cool and fun to do, but since I have a huge market of archviz people, not sure how well it would sell.
              I think it would sell extremely well. The typical architectural animation is a lot different than it used to be. They are no longer just walk thru's but rather they are elaborate productions that are taking on more and more theatrical elements. It's not just animating cameras anymore - it's the works, and composting and video editing plays such a huge role in that now.
              Tim Nelson
              timnelson3d.com

Comment

Originally posted by timmatron
                Originally posted by cpnichols
                I think it would sell extremely well. The typical architectural animation is a lot different than it used to be. They are no longer just walk thru's but rather they are elaborate productions that are taking on more and more theatrical elements. It's not just animating cameras anymore - it's the works, and composting and video editing plays such a huge role in that now.
                Sure... but I would rather focus on lighting as a specialty. But compositing and lighting are becoming one and the same these days, especially if we are to cover GI in animation. I will think about it. Maybe down the line. Hmmmm... maybe I need to make 2 new DVDs. Aaaaag so much work... You know what I need would be to colaborate with a character animator for the content.

Comment

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nononononoonnoooooooooooooo
                  grrr. was going to get myself a nice xmas present of both dvd's yet damn!! they dont ship to barbados boohoohoo. i know UPS delivers here... im more than possitive.

---------------------------------------------------
                  MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                  stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Da_Elf:
                    Just do what i did and find a middle man to get them posted to then he/she can post them to you.

It may work out more expensive but atleast you can get what you want.

Comment

• do they ship to London?

Comment

• good work mr nichols, loved both dvds, greetings from sunny Athens!

Comment

• cant i just email them and ask them to add barbados to the list? if they use UPS then it should be offered world wide since UPS goes all over.

---------------------------------------------------
                          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da_elf
                            cant i just email them and ask them to add barbados to the list? if they use UPS then it should be offered world wide since UPS goes all over.
                            Yes.. tell them. I am sure they woudl help you out. If you can't get any help right away, PM me.

Comment

• Originally posted by VISUAL_BYTES
                              good work mr nichols, loved both dvds, greetings from sunny Athens!
                              You know, I lived in Greece from the age of 6 to 17. That was a LONG time ago, so while I spoke greek, I am very rusty now. I lived in Athens, in Paleo Psychiko.

Comment

• Originally posted by nvanherpt
                                do they ship to London?

Comment

Working...
                                X