Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW V-Ray Materials are here!

http://commerce.vismasters.com/catal...x?product=3675

The guys at Simian did a fantastic job of making these!

To me that seems a bit expensive for just five materials.

But that is just me!
    rpc212
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

it would be nice to have that just built in.

Comment

hmm...I dont do archviz, but those mats did not impress me. Imo its just a bunch of prebuild mats which any of them can be reproduced by any one who understands vray and lighting and texturing.
        Dmitry Vinnik
        Silhouette Images Inc.
        ShowReel:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
        https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Yeah exactly what i was thinking, morbid!

And there doesnt seem to be much variation between the materials. All the woods and all the floor materials have the same reflection and glossy parameters. All to samey for my likes.

It should be called "The Lazy archvis texture pack"

Comment

I think it's a great idea for people starting out to medium level users. It also saves having to store extra numbers in the brain or in presets...
            LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
            HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
            Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Let me begin by saying that I am thrilled to have a third party release of Vray shaders and I hope there willl be more in the future.

However, I think 30% of that price would be more fair. The materials look decent enough, but for only 5 shaders it doesn't seem like the value is really there. Most of us have already found good settings for all of these so I think it will appeal more to beginners in Vray. On the bright side, you could always use maxscript to convert them to Vray materials and adjust them further on your own.

I think what people are looking for is something like the old Deetee material compilation, but up to date and more accurate, maybe with fewer settings for ease of use.
              Tim Nelson
              timnelson3d.com

Comment

well, i have just purchased this and I am impressed.
                Sure you can make all of these materials yourself but hey, even I get lazy!!
                Chris Jackson
                Shiftmedia
                www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

I think its a good idea to a certain degree, but what happens when you have to share files and send stuff off to a renderfarm .. The $159.00 price tag will put most off, and no demo ?
                  Natty
                  http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Anything to make life easier - I am looking forward to getting them as well.

Comment

Nice impulse buy there jacksc02

Comment

Are these materials the result from a script or from the vray sdk?
                        I think 150 bucks are really somehow expensive, but when they are fast sdk shaders, then the price would be ok... i wouldn't buy it, because i prefer my own style of materials
                        www.cgtechniques.com | http://www.hdrlabs.com - home of hdri knowledge

Comment

I'm probably going to pick these up as well. Arch glass is somting i always struggle with, and i don't have time to endlessly mess around it. plus we just added a second vray license for another guy in my office just starting with vray, I think these well help him out a lot.

-Z
                          Chris
                          The Revitlution

Comment

I say you make him suffer...

Comment

Originally posted by jujubee
                              I think it's a great idea for people starting out to medium level users. It also saves having to store extra numbers in the brain or in presets...
                              If you're serious about starting with VRay, the first thing you should master is making just these materials. If that is too hard, then simply go back to the scanline renderer. I have never seen ANY premade materials that are faster, better or just simply good enough to skip the important learning process. And for $159 I would really expect a demo or at least some detailled examples. The wood floors are linoleum with a wood texture Spending the same amount for a tutorial DVD on making materials would be a far better idea...

Comment

Working...
                              X