features including shadows, reflections, global illumination, and
    depth of field. No need for modeling or exporting proxies, and it
    never runs out of memory no matter how many acres of grass you put in
    your scene, so you do not need to break scenes into passes. It
    includes eleven grass presets, twelve grass material presets, and four
    earth material presets. It supports mapping and variation for density,
    length, cutoff, thatch, and direction, so you can create scenes with
    off-road grass, lawn mowed grass, dried grass in winter, and sports
    fields. Watch the tutorial videos on the website to see it in action.
    Autograss includes builds for 3ds Max / 3ds Max Design 2008, 2009, and
    2010 in 32-bit and 64-bit. Sample scenes are also included. Maya and
    stand-alone builds are coming soon.

Best regards,
    Vlado

* Autograss is developed by Happy Digital, which is not related to Chaos Software
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Yep: just forget all the grass textures and instancing plugins. Unlimited grass using just the memory you want !!

Comment

Think we'll stick to the old method - in our office it works out at $5,000 total for slightly better grass. a little much I think.

Comment

Originally posted by cubiclegangster View Post
        Think we'll stick to the old method - in our office it works out at $5,000 total for slightly better grass. a little much I think.
        Agreed, looks very good but kinda pricey to get for multiple workstations and render nodes
        chris
        www.arc-media.co.uk

Comment

Yeah i agree Chris.
          It seems very expensive for a "grass" plugin. Sure the results look good, but not worth forking out so much for render nodes and workstations.
          Chris Jackson
          Shiftmedia
          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Ahhh... I'm going to purchase right now, but... wow, wow, wow... That software house it's crazy!
            I think, I don't know, 99$, max 149$, but...

$275.00 + $275.00 = 550$?

I switch to the good old VRayScatter: more flexible tool. I remember that in the old shop, VRayScatter was similar to VRayGrass, but the software house changes the price (with a correct price imo and with free rendernode).
            www.francescolegrenzi.com

VRay - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book
            Corona - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

nice looking grass, but I'm with you guys. Thats just prohibitively expensive. Call me spoiled, but nothing I or my company owns, requires render node licenses. I very much prefer to keep it that way.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

I couldn't see any wind options to make the grass animated in this - if I were buying a plugin for grass that'd be an absolute must.

Maybe I missed it though.

Comment

Same here it's way to expensive for what it does, and there's no way I'm going to pay to use it on a per node basis.

Comment

Originally posted by devin View Post
                    Same here it's way to expensive for what it does, and there's no way I'm going to pay to use it on a per node basis.
                    I find it a little ironic, that this plugin, that is charging for bb rendernodes, is built around a renderer, that DOESN'T charge for bb rendernodes. My mind boggles at the number of potential customers lost to this insane pricing structure.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Most definitely agreed, Percy. My entire evaluation of the software took about 20 seconds -- skim Vlado's pitch, click the link, "ooohh, pretty! how much does it cost?" Click. "okay, forget that." Never going to pay more to a third party that extends V-Ray's functionality than what we've actually paid Chaos for the engine itself!
                      ShaunDon

Comment

I don't think they are very interested in feedback on their products either, I was going to drop them an e-mail but can't find a single link or address on their entire site.

Comment

Originally posted by devin View Post
                          I don't think they are very interested in feedback on their products either, I was going to drop them an e-mail but can't find a single link or address on their entire site.
                          ....and now the site is down - hmm

Preisler
                          Preisler

www.3dpixel.dk
                          www.linkedin.com/in/3dpixel

Comment

I don't know if I'm going crazy but now on the home page right under the "Buy it" button is a nice big e-mail address. I could swear it wasn't there before.

Comment

I don't where you guys see all this. I've checked the site about 5 times during today and the only thing I get is:

Site Temporarily Unavailable
                              We apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact the webmaster/ tech support immediately to have them rectify this.

error id: "bad_httpd_conf"
                              =LES=

Comment

Working...
                              X