Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 2.0 Beta 2 available

Hello,

V-Ray 2.0 Beta 2 is now available from our site. The changelog is as follows:

Modified features:
    (*) Added ability to store the raw bloom and glare results from VRayLensEffects to separate render elements (with V-Ray VFB only);
    (*) VRayLensEffects now works properly with any color mapping type (with V-Ray VFB only);
    (*) V-Ray now uses auto number of light cache passes when it is specified as zero;
    (*) Copying an image to the clipboard from the V-Rag VFB now preserves sRGB color correction;
    (*) Added camera/reflection/refraction/shadow/GI visibility options for VRayEnvironmentFog;

Bug fixes:
    (*) VRayDistanceTex was broken;
    (*) The "Compensate exposure" options in VRayAmbientLight, VRayLightMtl and VRaySphereFade did not work with the VRayExposureControl;
    (*) Fixed dark results with VRayExposureControl in certain cases;
    (*) Dispersion did not work with bump mapping;
    (*) Irradiance map filename and auto save filename edit boxes did not get updated when changing the filename through MaxScript;
    (*) The "Browse" button for the "Split render channels" parameter did not remember the file name;
    (*) VRayMetaSL texture did not filter shader bitmaps;
    (*) Caustics "Map file name" and "Map auto save file name" static boxes now truncate the front of the file name if too long;
    (*) Ambient occlusion was calculated even if GI was disabled;
    (*) .vrlens files are now declared to the Asset Tracker and also for missing files check;
    (*) VRayLights that only affect reflections were slow to render;
    (*) "Use light shape" option in VRayIES was causing shadow issues with excluded objects;
    (*) Panning the VFB with the middle mouse button and the comparison line enabled did not refresh the comparison properly;
    (*) The shade map in the VRayStereoscopic helper did not work with render elements;
    (*) The stereo hepler shade map did not work properly with the VRayExposureControl;
    (*) V-Ray RT CPU: VRayLightMtl material was always double-sided;
    (*) V-Ray RT: VRayExposureControl was not working in the ActiveShade window;

Beta 3 is expected at the end of next week.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

The date and filename is still the same ass BETA 1 on the download page?
    So then can we just download the same file from the list and it will be the new BETA 2 or what?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

The files are with the same name and they are the correct ones; the date is now changed too. So you can just download the same file.

Best regards,
      Vlado

Comment

Vray dirt and both the SSS materials seem to be missing in the beta, or am I not looking in the right place anymore
        www.billa1.com

Comment

They are there; you might have to look into the V-Ray category in the materials/maps browser.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
            They are there; you might have to look into the V-Ray category in the materials/maps browser.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Yeah im an idiot. I looked again and saw them after I posted. I apologize Vlado

-B
            www.billa1.com

Comment

(*) Copying an image to the clipboard from the V-Rag VFB now preserves sRGB color correction;

V-Rag...... great typo!
              Chris Jackson
              Shiftmedia
              www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Hi Vlado,

Do you plan to introduce some change in the SDK between these betas and the final VRay 2.0 release ?

We like to release a non beta version of our plugins for VRay 2.0, as soon as the final libraries is available.
                Carlos Quintero
                iToo Software
                www.itoosoft.com

Comment

After Beta 3, there shouldn't be any SDK breaks.

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

Ok, Thanks Vlado.
                    Carlos Quintero
                    iToo Software
                    www.itoosoft.com

Comment

Working...
                    X