Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 2.0 official builds now available for download

Hello,

The final builds of V-Ray 2.0 are now available from the download section on our website. The changelog since Beta 3 is below. We hope that you will find the new version useful!

I would also like to thank those who participated in the beta phases for V-Ray 2.0 and V-Ray RT for their valuable feedback!

Build 2.00.01 official (6 December 2010)
    changelog since Beta 3
    ==============

Modified features:
    (*) Added caustic subdivs for standard lights to the V-Ray light lister;
    (*) The "directional" parameter for rectangle VRayLights is now repmapped to a more usable range;
    (*) Ability to choose texture interpolation in VRayHDRI;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Progress bar update when V-Ray RT is used as production renderer;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Added support for alpha channel;
    (*) Ability to adjust render passes and bounces for VRayBPTracer;
    (*) VRayMetaSL material is removed for the time being; it will be added in an udpate;

Bug fixes:
    (*) V-Ray RT GPU: Fixed slow performance with the 260.99 nVidia drivers and multiple GPUs;
    (*) vrimg2exr did not work correctly with the -channel option and large images;
    (*) Faceting with subdivision displacement;
    (*) Rectangle VRayLights flipped along one of the axes did not render the correct side;
    (*) VRayLights reflects black when "Base glossiness" of the VRayCarPaintMtl is set to 1;
    (*) VRayBPTracer did not work with multi/sub materials;
    (*) .vrimg files were not opened correctly with File > View image file;
    (*) Many fixes for the VRayBPTracer;

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Congratulations Vlado and the Chaos team on the official release!
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Just downloaded the 20002 build. Are there release notes available for it?
      www.3dpowerstore.de

Comment

Ok just in case somebody wants to know before installation here is the changelog for 2.00.02:

Bug fixes:
        (*) VRayLights could render differently (brighter) from V-Ray 1.5
        (*) V-Ray RT: Right-clicking in the ActiveShade window to bring the quad menu could crash 3ds Max;
        (*) img2tiledexr would crash if it could not write the result due to permissions;
        (*) Fixed noise with VRayBPTracer;
        (*) Crash with VRayIES lights and VRayBPTracer;
        www.3dpowerstore.de

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Martin View Post
          Just downloaded the 20002 build. Are there release notes available for it?
          Yep:

Build 2.00.02 official (9 December 2010)
          ==============

Bug fixes:
          (*) VRayLights could render differently (brighter) from V-Ray 1.5
          (*) V-Ray RT: Right-clicking in the ActiveShade window to bring the quad menu could crash 3ds Max;
          (*) img2tiledexr would crash if it could not write the result due to permissions;
          (*) Fixed noise with VRayBPTracer;
          (*) Crash with VRayIES lights and VRayBPTracer;

The VRayLights bug required the update, as it was quite a major thing.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

Can´t find the download link... Is it taken down?

Comment

It's there, but you might be using a different login; if you email us to vray@chaosgroup.com the support guys will be able to help you out with this.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

And the changelog from the 15/12/2010 ?
                i ll be back
                http://www.vincent-grieu.com

Comment

Can we have autoupdate plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I cant just keep reinstalling vray on workfarm/nodes ;s
                  CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Hehe, I don't plan to keep updating it all the time But an auto-update is an interesting idea.

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

autoupdate 2nd'd....yes please... add that to the wish list.
                      Simon

.... . .-.. .--. .-.-.- .--. .-.. . .- ... . ... . -. -.. -.-. .... --- -.-. --- .-.. .- - .
                      I need a new signature
                      --
                      Max2017.1 | Vray 3.70.01| win11
                      ASUS Z790PLUS | i9 13900K | 64Gb RAM | Geforce GTX4070Ti

Comment

if not an autoupdate feature:
                        what about a "slipstreamed" install like with windows where a text file can be installed in vray directory, read on an incremental update (once downloaded and run)
                        and the install is done without minimum dialog interactions, or no dialogue install stuff at all.
                        also the text file can be modified by the user to match needs across a large network. This would be localised to the individual workstation/renderclient/licence server

problems with "Autoupdate": it would hit your servers pretty hard, and they are slow now.
                        Lots of downloads with multiple slave licences: Multiple downloads across a network with each render node loading its own copy,
                        You could have a centralised update feature tied to the licence server, but then user would either have to run another task on every slave that updates each slave, or this would happen at render time when you set up each slave - usually when you DONT want to wait for an update.
                        IF you had every Vray user with every slave/master polling your servers at once = CHAOS (pardon the pun)
                        Staggered or polled updates could lead to version mismatch across network

and finally every problem with network access and rendering becomes YOUR FAULT.
                        Raj

Comment

It is a tricky issue, yes

Best regards,
                          Vlado

Comment

Working...
                          X