• Show
Clear All

• New photon map tutorial

Hi guys,

Here is another photon map tutorial from the upcoming help files:

http://www.vrayrender.com/stuff/Manu...rials_pmap.htm

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

thank u vlado

this kind of helps are great

expecialy from u (the father of vray)

bye and thanks
    I wish to u a happy new year
    Workstation: Asus p9x79WS I7 3930K Noctua NH-D14@4200GHz SE2011 16GB RAM Kingston Hyperx Beast SSD 500Gb Samsung x2 SATA3 WD raid edition4 64MB GTX760 2GB DDR5 CoolerMaster 690III

https://www.facebook.com/essetreddi..../photos_albums

Comment

I know taht I'm a ....

I know taht I'm a "balls breaker"

But is this method faster than the gonçalo techniques?

Workstation: Asus p9x79WS I7 3930K Noctua NH-D14@4200GHz SE2011 16GB RAM Kingston Hyperx Beast SSD 500Gb Samsung x2 SATA3 WD raid edition4 64MB GTX760 2GB DDR5 CoolerMaster 690III

Comment

Thanks Vlado!

Pengo,

It'd be up to us (users) to decide which way suits us best, we should not be lazy, try tehm and then may be we'll know in our own scenario.

FermĂ­

Comment

Ok I've understand

But I'm not so good with vray (photon especially) so I must ask for suggests to learn more!!

But I'll try

bye

Comment

Thanks, Vlado. I really like the tuts/help files.

Nice sized type and pithy, informative sentences are the only way to go on a dark background. Would that more people applied the rules of "type 101".

Peter

Comment

Thank you Vlado !

Happy New Year !

Gael

Comment

Thanks Vlado.

If the rest of the new manual is as good as this section it should be a real winner.
                Especially if other sections of the photon menu like Max Photons and Covex Hull Area Estimate are handled as well as Max Density and Search Distance.

One thing I found a little lacking in the original manual was that it would be stated what the function did, but not what the input number effected, was lower better ? was higher better ? what did the numbers actually refer to ?
                Like I said this example is a marked improvement, and if the rest of the manual is just as user friendly you will have a winner on your hands

Ta.

Comment

very nice work!
                  Keep Going!

Comment

ohhh!!!!
                    now i see how it works!

thx and a happy new year!
                    www.cgtechniques.com | http://www.hdrlabs.com - home of hdri knowledge

Comment

is there going to be some info released on the "Max photons" parameter

it seams like you always set it to 0 ...

what does it do?
                      and why do we even need it?

thanks
                      Keep Going!

Comment

Well, this is one possible setup of the photon map; when Max photons is zero, VRay will consider all photons in the search range; otherwise it will only take in consideration the closest ones (the number of which is the Max photons value). That means that the detail of lighting reconstructed from the photon map will depend on the density of the photons in the particular area (if you have more photons, you will get more detail). This also means that you don't need to bother so much with the Search distance and it can be some very large value always, and VRay will adapt to the actual photon density automatically.

On the other hand, Max photons=0 gives a smooth reconstruction of the lighting (no sharp boundaries); if you choose another value, the reconstruction is discontinuous. Of course, this may be of little importance, since the photon map is not visible directly anyway.

Best regards,
                        Vlado
                        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

great!
                          thanks!

please don't forget to copy&paste your post into the manual
                          Keep Going!

Comment

Working...
                          X