Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 3.30.02 BETA available for download

Hello guys,

We uploaded a new beta build, 3.30.02, on our website. This build fixes some issues that were reported during the beta.

These are not the final builds yet. We have a few more issues marked for fixing before the official release in about two weeks.

Changelog since the last beta is below.

Build 3.30.02 (Beta 2) (30 November 2015)
    ==============

New features:
    (*) V-Ray: Minor performance improvements;
    (*) V-Ray RT GPU: Initial support for rounded corners on the GPU;
    (*) V-Ray RT GPU: Initial support for the MultiTexture plugin from CGSource;
    (*) V-Ray RT GPU OpenCL: Support for VRayDirt;

Modified features:
    (*) V-Ray: Include the name of the material causing "invalid bump normal" warnings itself;
    (*) V-Ray: Removed the V-Ray PowerShader banner from all it's appearances;
    (*) V-Ray: Improve light cache quality for small render regions;
    (*) V-Ray: The "Adaptive tracing" option for the light cache is removed as it didn't work reliably;
    (*) VRayHDRI: Added tiling support and Real World Mapping in the Material Editor and viewport previews;

Bug fixes:
    (*) V-Ray: Fixed crashes when preparing the scene for rendering;
    (*) V-Ray: Fixed crashes when cancelling render while tessellating subdivided/displaced objects with "static geometry" enabled
    (*) V-Ray: Fixed crashes with dynamic meshes that have no faces but have more than one vertices;
    (*) V-Ray: Fixed wrong URL of the Global DMC settings "?" button;
    (*) V-Ray: The V-Ray option to show the render messages window on warning/error was still taken into account in 3ds Max 2016;
    (*) V-Ray: Work around an issue with notification system in 3ds Max 2012, causing old scenes loading to crash;
    (*) VRayAerialPerspective: Fixed crash if there was no VRaySun in the scene;
    (*) VRayMetaball: Wrong motion blur on PFlow events that reduce the particle count;
    (*) VRayVolumeGrid: Fixed black pixels occurring when rendering Phoenix FD with "Affect background" off and "Color Clamp" on;
    (*) VRayGLSLMtl/VRayGLSLTex: Fixed crash when encountering duplicate structures with different layouts;
    (*) VRayGLSLMtl/VRayGLSLTex: Fixed crash when re-loading shaders with syntax errors;
    (*) VRayGLSLMtl/VRayGLSLTex: Fixed crash when VRayHDRI texmap is attached as input;
    (*) V-Ray RT: "Blur" parameter of VRayHDRI map was not correctly exported;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Fixed broken scene updates since Beta 1;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Fixed crash on render end with VRayMtlWrapper;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Fixed crash with dynamic noise threshold when rendering as production renderer through Backburner;
    (*) V-Ray RT: VRaySky randomly stopped illuminating the scene when the sun was disabled;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Fixed unhandled exception when rendering motion blurred particles with longer duration and more than two geometry samples;
    (*) V-Ray RT GPU: Fixed crash when rendering through Backurner;
    (*) V-Ray RT GPU: Fixed incorrect orientation of VRayHDRI in environment slots;
    (*) V-Ray RT GPU: Wrong ground color for the VRaySky texture;
    (*) V-Ray RT GPU: Fixed wrong rendering of VRayMultiSubTex texture in DR mode;
    (*) V-Ray RT GPU: Different "phase" parameter of the Noise texture compared to RT CPU;
    (*) V-Ray RT GPU: "Cast shadows" option not working on objects with Multi/Sub materials;
    (*) V-Ray RT GPU: Fixed flipped normals on objects with negative scaling and displacement/subdivision;
    (*) V-Ray RT GPU: Fixed crash with empty Output maps;
    (*) V-Ray RT GPU: Fixed wrong implementation of the "saturation" parameter of the ColorCorrection map;
    (*) V-Ray RT GPU: Fixed wrong mapping of VRayFlakesMtl when using in-process RT;
    (*) V-Ray RT GPU: The "Clamp" output option of the Bitmap texmap was not working;
    (*) .vrmesh exporter: Fixed wrong results when total mesh faces were less than "min faces";

Best regards,
    Vlado
    Last edited by vlado; 01-12-2015, 08:30 AM.
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

GREAT!

Comment

Originally posted by super gnu View Post

GREAT!
      Love it!
      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
      Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Perhaps a but late, or maybe for next build, but is there a button to change to the new system? In other words, if I'm mid doing an old rendering with the 3.2 settings and mid doing it I decided I want to use the 3.3 system because I don't like the look anymore, other than coming out of the file and going back in, is there a button that changes the settings to 3.3?

Comment

The whole idea is to get less buttons. Its a little effort to start the scene again imo.

* I'm going to test the new beta right away!

Comment

Originally posted by super gnu View Post

GREAT!
            Now if only we could plug that into BerconTile and have RT support it, we'd be there! Great work though.
            Kind Regards,
            Richard Birket
            ----------------------------------->
            http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

Hello,

We found a bug in this release if you are using "," for decimal separator. Then if you start RT GPU in process rendering the separator in Max will be messed up. This can lead to changes in values in the UI - the fractional part gets truncated. For example - if you have a sphere light with radius 2.5 and you open the modify panel - it's radius will be changed to 2.0.

The issue will be fixed for the official release (and is already fixed in the nightly builds).

Best regards,
              Yavor
              Yavor Rubenov
              V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Originally posted by yavor.rubenov View Post
                We found a bug in this release if you are using "," for decimal separator. Then if you start RT GPU in process rendering the separator in Max will be messed up.
                I think we'll just replace the beta builds with fixed builds either today or tomorrow.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                  I think we'll just replace the beta builds with fixed builds either today or tomorrow.

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  Thanks, that would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by padre.ayuso View Post
                    Perhaps a but late, or maybe for next build, but is there a button to change to the new system? In other words, if I'm mid doing an old rendering with the 3.2 settings and mid doing it I decided I want to use the 3.3 system because I don't like the look anymore, other than coming out of the file and going back in, is there a button that changes the settings to 3.3?
                    You can set the current renderer to scanline, then back to VRay. That way you don't need to exit the file.

OR

Open the maxscript listener (press F11 on the keyboard or right click in the pink block bottom left of the screen and choose "open listener window" and paste this in there:
                    Code:
                    renderers.current=vray()
                    Press enter and it will reset the VRay rendering settings to default 3.3

You can also highlight the line you just pasted, and drag it onto a toolbar to automatically create a button for you. Next time you can just click that button
                    Kind Regards,
                    Morne

Comment

I haven't had any issues thus far with this new beta build. Although I don't touch any of the RT features. Only glitch I've come across is when using the VrayClipper on non-shelled geometry, particularly plant models. See my latest batch of renderings from last night using the latest beta, https://www.dropbox.com/s/49sr8qbiaf...20v25.pdf?dl=0

1920x1080 renderings that took between 1-3 hours per view. Using i7-3770k systems w/16gb ram. I'm quite happy with the speed/quality.
                      Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

Morne,

You are a genius! I agree with less buttons, but when you do have a 150MB file, Morne's solution seems to be a bit better.

Thanks!

Comment

In the latest stable nightlies for 3.3 there is no build for max 2016. stops at 2015...

Explosion & smoke I did with PhoenixFD
                          Little Antman
                          See Iron Baby and other of my models on Turbosquid!
                          Some RnD involving PhoenixFD

Comment

Thanks for informing us, I'll notify our Dev/Qa guys about that.
                            Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                            Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

does this beta support vraymultisubtex in rt gpu? im trying to prepare an older scene for use in RT, and need to know what i can keep. at the moment it just crashes. there is multitexture used as well, plus lots of nested noise maps, although not used in the bump slot anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X