No announcement yet.

V-Ray 3.30 official build available for download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignore this post. The issue seems to be fixed.
    Cheers,
    Oliver

https://www.artstation.com/mokiki

Comment

I'm having problems too trying to download. each installation I click on, I'm being redirect on a could not open build file page.

Comment

Wow, the improvements look crazy. Great work, Vlado and team Can't wait to test.

Btw. is it compatible with the latest Multiscatter?
        www.bpositive.dk

Comment

I cannot download either...!
          www.bpositive.dk

Comment

DL doesn't work here, here is the error message
            "Could not open build file. Click here to go to the support section"
            Alessandro

Comment

Working on it...

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

LOL, the servers are getting hammered, but then it is soooo worth waiting for!

Vlado, is there any speed/quality changes compared to the 3.302 beta?

Comment

Originally posted by WilleViz View Post
                  Vlado, is there any speed/quality changes compared to the 3.302 beta?
                  There are minor performance improvements, but mostly bug fixes.

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by Bpositive View Post
                    Wow, the improvements look crazy. Great work, Vlado and team Can't wait to test.

Btw. is it compatible with the latest Multiscatter?
                    It is not as it should be, i had trouble and it gives random Light Cache freeze especially in ditributive render and merging passes. Progressive mode is not 100% supported and it is buggy as hell, also it gives random scene crashes and all sort of odd behaviour.

I have contacted guys at MS unfortunately only solution was to change GI to BF+BF and it works like that but for interior that overlooks outside that is not acceptable solution.

There is known memory leek issues with LC that is why they recommend BF, but that wasn't case as every machine involved had 64gb of memory and scene needed 6-7gb for rendering when it worked.

From whatever reason there were also node crashes(spawner) and in very rare cases everything was ok, about 1 in 100 times but only in 1500x1000 pix resolution.

Also worth mentioning is that it works much better if there is no DR, far less problems and chances for freezes.

Of course all this could be related to some incident non related to MS but in other rendering engines MS worked as advertised without any issues.

MS version 1.3.6.1

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan1982 View Post
                      There is known memory leek issues with LC
                      It's not known to me...

Best regards,
                      Vlado

Comment

Here is quote from R&D docs

Light Cache issue
                        Light Cache is very fast algorithm, but there are some drawbacks. Light Cache needs much more RAM than other V-Ray GI algorithms. MultiScatter is tool for creating huge amount of geometries which also needs RAM. therefore there is a big chance to encounter problems (very slow rendering or crashing) when you use LC with MultiScatter.

So using Light Cache in exterior visualisation consumes lots of memory wherever you are using MultiScatter or not, and its just our very general recommendation not to use it, unless you really know what you are doing and have tons of memory.

Maybe LC leak isn't right term, but i don't know how to call issue when it fill out memory(23gb-64gb or 128gb) and render before required only 6-7gb.

Anyhow this is not about MS as i am sure they will work out some solution but currently there is some problems that needs to be addressed.

Again this could be separate incident as other engine worked ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan1982 View Post
                          Maybe LC leak isn't right term, but i don't know how to call issue when it fill out memory(23gb-64gb or 128gb) and render before required only 6-7gb.
                          Render before what? The guys at MultiScatter never told us anything. If this was a V-Ray issue and they had told us about it, we could have fixed it.

Anyhow this is not about MS as i am sure they will work out some solution but currently there is some problems that needs to be addressed.
                          We can only address problems if we know about them

Again this could be separate incident as other engine worked ok.
                          I could say equally that other scattering solutions work ok with V-Ray, but that's not the point

Best regards,
                          Vlado

Comment

Exactly, i needed solution ASAP, guys at MS were very helpful, there is no question about it, but we didn't find one that will work out for me in that given moment.

I have searched forums(here and there) to see if there is any solution to what i was experiencing and i didn't found one, except in form of other scatter system.

Unfortunately i didn't have time to upload scene or wait that someone look what could be issue. It is quite unfortunate as MS is tool i had experience with and know how to setup.

I was just replying to guy above in case he is in the middle of the project so he could know what to expect if he decides to switch to new vray+MS.

Everything was fine at the end. And i am sure they will iron out all this in new version.

Apart from that vray works like charm with ffp.

Take care.

Comment

Ok then; if at some point you have time to go back to the project and give us a way to reproduce the problem and fix any potential issues, it will be very helpful.

Best regards,
                              Vlado

Comment

Thx Ivan.

That does'nt sound too good, probably have to wait then, as I use MS on almost every scene...
                                www.bpositive.dk

Comment

Working...
                                X