No announcement yet.

V-Ray 3.30 official build available for download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you could share a scene (the 3.2 version) or part thereof which you think is misbehaving, it'd be of help.
    Likely, colormapping is different in the SP3 defaults (it's unclamped linear.) than you had set up for 3.2 (i can think of sub-pixel mapping, and baked colormapping+gamma, if not outright clamping).
    Under exactly the same Colormapping conditions, and GI methods, all our tests proved to be faster and cleaner on SP3 than on SP2, or of comparable rendertime (+ or - 10% or so) but with vastly improved light flux and noise distribution for SP3.

This said, it may well be you found a bug, a corner case we didn't foresee.
    What you wrote isn't enough (at least for me, hey.) to troubleshoot your case.
    Last edited by ^Lele^; 18-12-2015, 05:49 PM.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by Badbullet View Post
      Do you guys have the scenes you tested available?
      Nope; however some of them were Evermotion scenes, others were scenes provided by clients and some feedback was also provided by users during the public beta.

Without looking at your scene it's difficult to say what may be wrong; you may have modified render settings that the conversion doesn't touch, or you may have other things going on in the scene. Best to send it (or a part of it) to me at vlado@chaosgroup.com so that I can take a look at what's wrong.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Emanuele, I can't afford rendering DAYS per frame with all default and only noise tresh to touch I've already showed you guys a pic, where everything is noisy, except the moblur, which is pixel perfect, no matter what noise tresh is.

Remember this ?

http://funkyimg.com/i/255Fo.jpg
        http://funkyimg.com/i/255FR.jpg
        I just can't seem to trust myself
        So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
        ---------------------------------------------------------
        CG Artist

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Oblomov View Post
          Emanuele, I can't afford rendering DAYS per frame with all default and only noise tresh to touch I've already showed you guys a pic, where everything is noisy, except the moblur, which is pixel perfect, no matter what noise tresh is.

Remember this ?

http://funkyimg.com/i/255Fo.jpg
          http://funkyimg.com/i/255FR.jpg
          I don't remember it, but i don't think you understand what i am saying, or i ain't understanding what it is you're asking for.

Yes, the alpha now WILL be cleaner faster, no matter what.
          Before, you'd still have to render for days, for this shot to get a clean RGB, only the alpha would be clean-ish only at the end.
          I fail to see how the alpha cleaning sooner adds render time to whatever setup it is you've got going for the beauty part.
          Lele
          ----------------------

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Just look at the group thread, where I asked about some help In maya group.

P.S. THe point - that only lowering max aa to smth like 7 I could solve the puzzle. And you're saing, that I should't be touching anything there.
            Last edited by Paul Oblomov; 20-12-2015, 06:07 AM.
            I just can't seem to trust myself
            So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
            ---------------------------------------------------------
            CG Artist

Comment

No, i said you shouldn't touch MSR at all, and max AA should be increased ONLY if there's plenty of red in the sampleRate RE.
              But i misunderstood you, it seems: what you have been asking for is QUICKER renders, is it not.
              In that case, you are right, i did say you should NOT touch max AA.
              Raise your noise threshold to 1.0 and start from there.

I'll wait for your feedback on it.
              Lele
              ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Does anyone know why the vraylog window is disabled (greyed out). I like to have this on as sometimes i have DR that doesnt work on some scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by short cirkuit View Post
                  Does anyone know why the vraylog window is disabled (greyed out). I like to have this on as sometimes i have DR that doesnt work on some scenes.
                  In 3ds Max 2016, we use the 3ds Max "Render Messages" window which is accessible from Rendering > Render Message Window...; right-click inside the window to see some options.

I'm not quite sure if this was a good idea or not; it is not a problem to return our own message window if needed. So any feedback towards either option is welcome

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks - the only reason why i liked the other one was because for whatever reason, the DR (Slave) wouldnt work (i would get the DR Slave is not responding error). It would give an error with the DR and through trial and error it came down to specific maps or even plugins that might not have been on the slave. No error message told me this, it was only through trial and error and i could understand if the DR would work or not due to it hanging for a while as sometimes it wouldnt give the error at all. It just wouldnt activate the DR.

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                    In 3ds Max 2016, we use the 3ds Max "Render Messages" window which is accessible from Rendering > Render Message Window...; right-click inside the window to see some options.

I'm not quite sure if this was a good idea or not; it is not a problem to return our own message window if needed. So any feedback towards either option is welcome

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

In 3ds Max 2016, we use the 3ds Max "Render Messages" window
                      I seems to give mutch less information and everything i´ve seen until now, is orange.
                      I would prefare to get the old log back.
                      Or add more messages like the "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Started with frame x" on distributed rendering.
                      German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

I'd also like the old window back.
                        Cheers,
                        Oliver

https://www.artstation.com/mokiki

Comment

Hello,

By default Max's window only shows warnings or errors. You can change that with right mouse button inside and enabling "Show Information Messages" - then it will show the same messages as the other one.

Best Regards,
                          Yavor
                          Yavor Rubenov
                          V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Originally posted by yavor.rubenov View Post
                            You can change that with right mouse button inside and enabling "Show Information Messages"
                            Totally forgot this.
                            Thanks to you, its been a while since I used Mental Ray.
                            German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

Sent you one of the scenes that I tested.

Comment

Thanks Vlado + Lele, appreciate you taking the time to reply. I will check out the Hosek paper when I get chance.

Not sure about this one; do you have more specific steps to reproduce it?
                                I don't think the RT issue I mentioned is a bug, instead I think it's confusion caused because I don't understand why the render isn't stopped when the max time is reached? I've uploaded an image to help me explain - http://i.imgur.com/RLxWyn3.jpg

Actually the Tiles one will work fine (the RT engine will bake it into a bitmap automatically).
                                Here's a screenshot of tiles rendering with progressive (left) and RT (right) which shows what I'm seeing. I think user "super gnu" might have mentioned the cause of the problem. I can email the max file if it's any help.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	TilesRender.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	859293

Would it be also possible for us to get a low priority option similar to low thread priority but for RT?

Cheers,

Max
                                Last edited by maxwood; 22-12-2015, 12:31 PM.
                                Freelance 3D Generalist
                                www.maxwood.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X