No announcement yet.

V-Ray 3.30 official build available for download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes thats caused by the low baking resolution of the tiles map. imho it should bake it as large as is possible, or have an adjustable baking resolution (with a very high limit). almost any time i use tiles, i set the number of tiles and uvwmap size to the maximum so i can take advantage of the random variation controls.. a small tiled map ( necessary with anything but a huge bake size) will lead to obvious, err, tiling immediately if you use randomisation. id imagine 10kx10k or larger is needed for most uses of the tile map.

out of interest is the baking thing a stop-gap solution until it is properly supported?

Comment

Originally posted by ralphr View Post
      I'd also like the old window back.
      So do I !!
      I don't get something: why changing something that works ? the "old" window was perfect !
      Nicolas Caplat
      www.intangibles.fr

Comment

Originally posted by NicoC View Post
        I don't get something: why changing something that works ? the "old" window was perfect !
        The max one has the capability to select and copy text, which can be quite handy.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          The max one has the capability to select and copy text, which can be quite handy.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          Hmmm but with the "old" one, the content was written in the log file, thus allowing to copy text as well, no ?
          That's a pity.
          Nicolas Caplat
          www.intangibles.fr

Comment

Hmmm but with the "old" one, the content was written in the log file, thus allowing to copy text as well, no ?
            The file is still there...

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Dit anything change in the passes? I seem to get overly bright images on 3.3 in Photoshop and not in 3.2

Comment

So do I !!
                ^^ Agreed with above, would love to see the old one again, if it's bothering somebody just add the option to turn it off or something .

Comment

Originally posted by auke View Post
                  if it's bothering somebody just add the option to turn it off or something .
                  You've said it
                  And correct me if I'm wrong, but the 3dsmax Render Messages can't open itself automatically, right ? so if you forget to open it prior to rendering, you're f****d. Please, at least, the possibility to use the original one ...
                  Nicolas Caplat
                  www.intangibles.fr

Comment

Ok, will see what can be done about it.

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

Is there a nice concise tutorial / overview of the new variance sampler anywhere? or in progress, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ali_cgi View Post
                        Is there a nice concise tutorial / overview of the new variance sampler anywhere? or in progress, thanks
                        You can check our V-Ray 3.3 overview in our YouTube channel here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XB5nAxQnzs
                        The fist demonstration shows the advantage of the new algorithm.
                        Just in case if you've missed the Vlado's post about the most important 3.3 features :
                        http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...706#post670706
                        Last edited by vlado; 06-01-2016, 07:03 AM.
                        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
                        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

We might be doing a tutorial based on the contact sheet that Lele posted.

Best regards,
                          Vlado

Comment

Thanks, would be really helpful and clear any confusion up

Comment

Working...
                            X