X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amsterdam would be nice too

Comment

Hey percydaman

I love your cylon computer case.. just look at that eye move man.. chrome would be quite cool thought.heh heh

Comment

...and of course, it does speak fluently!

Comment

thanks galactus. Just for you:

hope ya like.

percy

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Greetings to you ChaosGuys, I'm not that far away

Oh, i dont believe it.
            It's the first time i come to california and i miss siggraph just by a few days! I was in L.A. a few days ago but now i'm in San Fransisco and we drive even further north in the next days.. L.A. was aweful - an ugly city compared to San Francisco if you asked me. However Siggraph would have been a reason to be there and i just missed it, DAMN!
            It would be cool to see some of you in Real Life.
            I hope we get another Chance to do this sometime.
            Anyway - Enjoy your time @ Siggraph and good luck with all the Things you present!
            Sascha Geddert
            www.geddart.de

Comment

is there a site or anything wich summarize the happenings at siggraph?would anyone drop an url? THanks!

Comment

http://livefromsiggraph.com/

and when can we download v1.5?

Comment

nice stainless steal percydaman... care to share ?
                  Natty
                  http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

sure:

Theres a simple scratch map I created in photoshop used. Reflection is from the HDR image you seen in the lower right of material editor.

Im trying to get rid of that big white blowout, as its strictly a specular fake, but cant since both reflection and specular highlight go off same reflection setting. Tried adjusting glossiness apart from refl glossiness, but doesn't lower the highlight just concentrates it into smaller area, which still doesn't look any better. Even 1.0 gives some sort of highlight. We really need to decouple the highlight from the same reflection map as the reflection.

percy

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Natty
                      http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

wow, we are really OT now, but here goes:

Wouldn't decreasing the light intensity or the reflection amount do the trick?

BTW, the cool LED strip on your case needs a theme song:
                        http://www.northrim.net/kmaniak/sounds/knight.mid
                        Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

haha i felt bad posting knowing it was off topic, but i figured the thread wasn't gonna get much new information. I cant lower the intensity of the light or obviously it effects the scene lighting. Cant lower the reflection settings as I like the reflection intensity how it is. I guess only other option is to use omnis set to light only for lighting and omni with specular only to account for specular.

Will have to try with omnis and see how it looks. Funny but it you make vraylight invisible, it should turn off specular highlights but it doesn't.

percy

Comment

oh and knight rider was the original look I was going for, but I think it more resembles the cylon or whatever they were called in buck rogers

Comment

Yeah Baby.... look at that eye go. Those Battlestar Galactica cylons aint got nothing on that case. Its all about the moving eye man, ah better get back to work now.

Comment

I think if you switch off store with irradiance map in the light settings it should switch of specular (looks like reflection of lights is still rendered even when invisible)

Comment

Working...
                                X