V-Ray 3.50 beta 2 available for download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is amazing.

I did however notice that the procedural maps work in the new beta, but it seems that they do not work in conjunction with vrayedgetex when plugged into a composite map and then into the bump? is this a known problem?

Cheers.

Comment

I have a massiv slow down in vray 3.5 Beta 2 compared to vray 3.40.03.

There is a complete halt of vray between "Building embree static accelerator...Done" and the "light cache calculation...".
      Vray hangs for around 1:30 mins. Vray 3.4 goes straight from building the embree tree to the light cache calculation.

Also vray3.5 is misscalculating the rendering time in this case. The difference is exactly the time vray was freezing.
      Beside this freezing, the rendering time in vray3.5 beta2 is faster.

(vray3.5 beta2 is installed in max2015. vray3.40.03 in max2017, just as an info)

I attached two screenshots.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vray3.40.03.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	234.3 KB
ID:	866296

Name:	vray3.5beta2.jpg
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	866297
      MBA Studios | 3D Images & Visual Effects

Comment

(*) VRayToon: Ability to store the toon outlines in a separate render element;
        Does this mean that you can actually render the scene without toon outlines in the main output and have them show up ONLY in the render element?

Comment

Originally posted by Laserschwert View Post
          Does this mean that you can actually render the scene without toon outlines in the main output and have them show up ONLY in the render element?
          There is a new VRayToon render element, but for now the toon contribution cannot be excluded from the RGB pass:

Name:	3dsmax_2017-01-27_14-21-26.jpg
Size:	197.1 KB
ID:	866319
          Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
          Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Originally posted by Markus View Post
            I have a massiv slow down in vray 3.5 Beta 2 compared to vray 3.40.03.

There is a complete halt of vray between "Building embree static accelerator...Done" and the "light cache calculation...".
            Vray hangs for around 1:30 mins. Vray 3.4 goes straight from building the embree tree to the light cache calculation.

Also vray3.5 is misscalculating the rendering time in this case. The difference is exactly the time vray was freezing.
            Beside this freezing, the rendering time in vray3.5 beta2 is faster.
            Does that issue occur on every scene or just on particular one/ones?
            Would it be possible to send it to us for investigation (FTP could be provided if needed)?
            Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
            Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Originally posted by chadstevens View Post
              This is amazing.

I did however notice that the procedural maps work in the new beta, but it seems that they do not work in conjunction with vrayedgetex when plugged into a composite map and then into the bump? is this a known problem?

Cheers.
              Hi, is this regarding the V-Ray GPU? Can you give me the setup (just a screenshot of the material editor connections will be enough) + the rendering mode (Production/ActiveShade/IPR, CPU or GPU).

Here is a list of the supported features for reference https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...rtedFeatures-7, of course we should elaborate on this case.

Best regards,
              Alexander
              Alexander Kazandzhiev
              V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post
                Does that issue occur on every scene or just on particular one/ones?
                Would it be possible to send it to us for investigation (FTP could be provided if needed)?
                I can run another test with a different scene. Providing this scene is no problem.
                I can either send it per wetransfer to your email or per ftp.
                MBA Studios | 3D Images & Visual Effects

Comment

Hi,

Tried some weeks ago with Beta 2 and didn't really get Forest Color Tint effect to work with a map in the tintmap slot. Is maps supported in the tint effect roll out?

Anyways, thanks for a super cool update and some awesome progress!

Edit, I've just used Forest Pack 5.2, I saw that a beta version was now availible.
                  Last edited by allemyr; 30-01-2017, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Hi,

I loaded this Beta 2 today and found that saving to V-Ray raw image file in the VFB is broken. It saves a different file from the one on the VFB and cannot be denoised via the command line tool, it crashes instantly. Below is a pic of what the V-Ray raw image file saves.

I also tried the latest stable build. vray_adv_35003_max2016_x64_27185 and it still has the issue.

Name:	Denoiser.jpg
Size:	515.7 KB
ID:	866369
                    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
                    Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Originally posted by allemyr View Post
                      Hi,

Tried some weeks ago with Beta 2 and didn't really get Forest Color Tint effect to work with a map in the tintmap slot. Is maps supported in the tint effect roll out?

Anyways, thanks for a super cool update and some awesome progress!

Edit, I've just used Forest Pack 5.2, I saw that a beta version was now availible.
                      Thanks. I'll check whats the progress with it and keep you posted.

Best regards,
                      Alexnader
                      Alexander Kazandzhiev

Comment

Originally posted by eyepiz View Post
                        Hi,

I loaded this Beta 2 today and found that saving to V-Ray raw image file in the VFB is broken. It saves a different file from the one on the VFB and cannot be denoised via the command line tool, it crashes instantly. Below is a pic of what the V-Ray raw image file saves.

I also tried the latest stable build. vray_adv_35003_max2016_x64_27185 and it still has the issue.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35711[/ATTACH]
                        It seems to work here, can you provide a simple scene and the broken file? Is there some diagnostic message in the command line when it is crashing?

Best regards,
                        Alexander
                        Alexander Kazandzhiev

Comment

Originally posted by alexander.kazandzhiev View Post
                          It seems to work here, can you provide a simple scene and the broken file? Is there some diagnostic message in the command line when it is crashing?

Best regards,
                          Alexander
                          Yes, I can send you the file and info. Can you provide me an email to send to? The windows error is the standard app crash "vdenoise.exe" I have rolled back to Beta 1 and the issue is gone, no checkerboard vraydenoiser element in the vrimg file.

I'm using this string in the command line. -threshold=0.001 -mode=default -useGPU=2 -elements=1 -display=0. I think its something to do with setting only render elements in the options.

Thanks!

-E
                          Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Best regards,
                            Alexander
                            The issue is saving from tab in the settings not the VFB itself. The VFB does work as expected but the two have different output results. The tabs output is the one crashing the cmd line denoiser.

Name:	Denoiser2.png
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	866372
                            Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Originally posted by eyepiz View Post
                              Yes, I can send you the file and info. Can you provide me an email to send to? The windows error is the standard app crash "vdenoise.exe" I have rolled back to Beta 1 and the issue is gone, no checkerboard vraydenoiser element in the vrimg file.

I'm using this string in the command line. -threshold=0.001 -mode=default -useGPU=2 -elements=1 -display=0. I think its something to do with setting only render elements in the options.

Thanks!

-E
                              Send them to alexander.kazandzhiev@chaosgroup.com
                              Alexander Kazandzhiev

Comment

Thanks. I'll check whats the progress with it and keep you posted.

Best regards,
                                Alexnader
                                @allemyr, it seems to work here with the beta2 and newer builds. While I was testing it occurred that I had to assign it to a Forest Pro object to get it working. Anyway can you check with my test scene?
                                Attached Files
                                Alexander Kazandzhiev

Comment

Working...
                                X