No announcement yet.

V-Ray 3.50 official available for download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any way to directly launch IPR without having to call the VFB and press the button? Or a maxscript function so i can do a little button to start it from the viewport.
    Great release too, loving the GPU features!

Comment

Hello,

There are MAXScript functions for IPR - https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...RayIPRFunction

Best regards,
      Yavor
      Yavor Rubenov
      V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Originally posted by spyzor View Post

I have one question. I thought I read somewhere on the forum that 3.5 would bring new previews for the materials.
        The scene used for the previews would have been updated.
        I'm curious about what this means, do you have a link to the post on the forum?
        Freelance 3D Generalist
        www.maxwood.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by hardrock_ram View Post
          I can see the hesitation if you have to pay for a new version, but there is a pretty big difference between 2012 and new versions.
          If you go up to 2014 there is a big speed difference, while 2016 has some substantial new features.
          Yeah I'm looking at 2014. After that version I can't stand what they've done to the layer manager. I'd need to start using an alt script/plugin for layers going forward

'substantial new features'? It's more like they've broken it more. Vray has been the one aspect of my work that I actually want to continually upgrade because the features and fixes have addressed my problems.
          Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

Thank you guys, it is truly great update!
            Best Regards

Tomek

Portfolio: http://dtown.pl/

Comment

Originally posted by yavor.rubenov View Post
              Hello,

There are MAXScript functions for IPR - https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...RayIPRFunction

Best regards,
              Yavor

Thanks, the vrayStartIPR() works great! May i suggest that you guys add a button on the Vray toolbar with it, so that people that want this shortcut and dont know how to work with maxscript can have access to it too

Comment

how long does the maya version need to cook.?
                will it be ready for the GDC release..?

Comment

Originally posted by FSGFX View Post
                  how long does the maya version need to cook.?
                  will it be ready for the GDC release..?
                  Unfortunately we can provide any time frame about this release yet. There is some more work to be done before we can proceed with the final tests of the builds.
                  Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
                  Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thank you for your amazing work!
                    Workstation Core i7 6900 - 32GB RAM - GeF970
                    Dual Xeon E5-2630 - 32GB RAM

Comment

ok im fine with that...

Comment

Very nice release, there is some problem with the IPR. After some scene changes the IPR got stuck on preparing lights etc and when this occur the scene freezes but can still click on the max main menu bars. This happens on different machines and different scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by TENJIN_VISUAL View Post
                          Very nice release, there is some problem with the IPR. After some scene changes the IPR got stuck on preparing lights etc and when this occur the scene freezes but can still click on the max main menu bars. This happens on different machines and different scenes.
                          It would be very helpful if you can send us one of those scenes to our support mail support@chaosgroup.com so we can find and fix the problem for the next update.
                          Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
                          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by Moriah View Post
                            Thanks, the vrayStartIPR() works great! May i suggest that you guys add a button on the Vray toolbar with it, so that people that want this shortcut and dont know how to work with maxscript can have access to it too
                            Maxscript or not, an IPR button would definitely be a good addition. Instead of first opening VFB and run IPR mode, launching directly IPR mode would be cool. I'm surprised that no beta tester asked for it earlier
                            Nicolas Caplat
                            www.intangibles.fr

Comment

Hi,

We are with Vray 3.40.03 and would like to use 3.50, but we have some renders running in Backburner. Can we do the update and continue rendering sequences, or does the update cause some even tiny change in rendering the same scene ? These are GI etc rendering in bucket mode with max or vray VFB.

Comment

Originally posted by KiboOst View Post
                                Hi,

We are with Vray 3.40.03 and would like to use 3.50, but we have some renders running in Backburner. Can we do the update and continue rendering sequences, or does the update cause some even tiny change in rendering the same scene ? These are GI etc rendering in bucket mode with max or vray VFB.
                                Hi Kib

Do not update in the middle of a project ... just my opinion !
                                Nicolas Caplat
                                www.intangibles.fr

Comment

Working...
                                X