X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 1.46.08 available

Build 1.46.08 - 26 November 2004:

Extended features:

* VRay will try to specifically point out if a crash has occured due to insufficient memory.

* An option Save maps per frame has been added to the GI parameters. This is On by default, in order to deal with some problems under backburner in 3dsmax R7. See the Indirect illumination section for more details.
    * The Dynamic geometry option should be a lot more memory efficient.
    * VRayProxies are more memory-efficient, especially when instanced many times.

Bug fixes:

* Degenerate faces on meshes could cause parts of displacement-mapped objects to disappear.
    * Materials with instanced bitmaps as diffuse/opacity could render with weird colors.

Build 1.46.07 - 24 November 2004:

Bug fixes:

* Splotches with GI and VRayMtl with Affect shadows option on.
    Peter
    ...keep walking...

After installation in max7 I get this error dialogue when starting max:

After I click through the same dialogues for plane and toon max just disappears.
    Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

Seems the installer added a second path to the plugin.ini. This is what I have now:

[Directories]
      Standard MAX plug-ins=C:\Program Files\3dsmax7\StdPlugs
      Additional MAX plug-ins=C:\Program Files\3dsmax7\plugins
      VRayPlugins=C:\Program Files\3dsmax7\plugins\vrayplugins\
      hairfx=C:\Program Files\3dsmax7\plugins\hairfx\
      V-Ray additional plug-ins=C:\Program Files\3dsmax7\plugins\\vrayplugins

Deleting the last line fixed it.

Comment

Also DR for Viz 2005 is still not working correctly if you use the files added from the installation. I'm not sure if its the Vraydummy.max file, XML file or something else, but the Vray dummy scene keeps opening and closing.

The only way to fix it is copy your existing files to a backup folder, install the new build and then replace them with your old files when you are done.

So, not a problem for me, but its something that should probably be fixed later.
        Tim Nelson
        timnelson3d.com

Comment

V-Ray additional plug-ins=C:Program Files3dsmax7plugins\vrayplugins
          egz, maybe the double slash is the culprit?

Andrea

Comment

Oh, the double slash in your quote was taken out by the board software ...

Next try:
            Code:
            V-Ray additional plug-ins=C:Program Files3dsmax7plugins\vrayplugins

Andrea

Comment

I've done some testing and have discovered that the extra line with the \\ appeared because I typed the paths in manually in the installer (faster than the click, click, click, click sometimes) and I added a \ after the plugins there. I notice now that when I use the click method there is no \ added. The installer then adds \vrayplugins to the end of this path so you end up with \\ instead of \ inside the path. When the installer checks the plugin.ini to see if it needs to add the path, it doesn't fine one with \\ so it adds it, but in reality adds the duplicate path that created my problem.

I guess if the installer strips off any trailing \s off of the path the user inputs this won't happen again.

Comment

Some problems I encountered:

1. Can't shift-duplicate a proxy. This is not unique to 1.46.08

2. The VRLServer doesn't display currently attached clients (This isn't
                the case pre 1. 45.70 version). We need this to flush out non-priority
                users (we need more licenses! )

Can somebody confirm.
                vertex wrangler

Comment

1. Can't shift-duplicate a proxy. This is not unique to 1.46.08
                  Confirmed. The proxy is copied, but the mesh disappears. You if you browse to the .vmesh file in the modifier stack it reappears. CTRL-V (cloning) and moving works though.

I'm also getting some errors with Proxies. I tried creating a simple teapot proxy now and it won't render. I get an error saying Object <VRayProxy> doesn't implement GetRenderMesh- can't render when I press render.

Also adding a vray proxy to the scene is a bit odd if you browse for the file before you click in a viewport. Even though you have selected a file already you get the select file dialogue a second time.

2. The VRLServer doesn't display currently attached clients (This isn't the case pre 1. 45.70 version). We need this to flush out non-priority
                  users (we need more licenses! )
                  Are you sure you are running the VRLServer.exe that comes with the latest build? This was a problem a few builds ago, but the latest version works fine here.

Comment

btw, this should probably all be posted in the bugreports forum, not here.. maybe a mod can move the posts?

Comment

I'm also getting some errors with Proxies. I tried creating a simple teapot proxy now and it won't render. I get an error saying Object <VRayProxy> doesn't implement GetRenderMesh- can't render when I press render.
                      Never mind this one, too early saturday morning for me to have my head screwed on straight. This does work fine

Comment

Thank you for this new version !

I was about to send a buggy scene this morning when I saw this last
                        version.
                        I've tested it and the problem was solved.
                        As I used dynamic memory, I suppose it was the problem.
                        The irr Map could not start, and now it's ok !

Very good !
                        Gael

Comment

its when you copy a proxie that it dissapears. you need to instance them. this has been around since the begining of proxied when i 1st started testing the 1.4x versions

---------------------------------------------------
                          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

they still render though, even when they disappear from the viewport

Comment

Oh i love you

Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X