Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Animation: Denoise .vrimg's then save to .exr's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
    A preview how?
    A crop, like f.e. DxO does, at 100%?
    Any image minification would smooth the result, so preview of a big image wouldn't be usable if zoomed to fit the screen resolution.

Right now, the easiest way is to (for a sequence) specify a frame interval of 1: provided you rendered to a specified noise threshold, and the renderer could hit that threshold across the sequence (sampling was high enough), the results on a frame ought to be identical on all the others.

If you need realtime operations to figure out parameters (and likely, the acceptable noise threshold for your renders), they can be had from within max/maya, after the render has completed.
    I'd rather not we blew the utility into a fully fledged application, just yet, with the new VFB on its way (whenever that would be.).
    Not a `mini` preview window, makes no sense as you say. I meant just a single frame full size (eg first frame) visible to be able to tweak the settings before applying it to a sequence without having to go back to 3dsmax to test it, presumably it`s standalone to partly avoid having to go load max again. If you have multiple images sequences you`ll spend time having to reload each scene to be able to tweak those settings. I guess you can just denoise the first frame to see how it looks, it`s just removing the added step of having to open the image manually to see it might be nice*. Understand you don`t want to have to make a full app for it though, it`s presumably a lot more work. Unless part of the vfb code could be splintered off somehow in the future.
    *nice!=essential
    Last edited by anthonyh; 10-08-2018, 06:51 AM.

Comment

here's hoping we'll have the new VFB soon enough...
      Although, come Tuesday, maybe it'll all matter a bit less. ^^
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
      X