What's this flickering look like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys,

I reredered last night with a single bounce and have no flickering. He looks pretty good without the added light but I'll try some of these suggestions and rerender tonight.

Vlado, I think I remember Torgeir mentioning something along those lines in the past. I'm not accustomed to Light Cache yet so I only question if this will work because of what Tom just mentioned. Will the Irrad Map be able to overcome the flickering even if the Light Cache is causing the problem?

Tom, thanks for the info I'll do some tests with this also.

Dmitry, QMC does scare me sometimes but I haven't used it in so long I'll give it a try. I wanted to give him a little animation for my demo reel as you suggested so I ended up having to rebuild the materials to work well with the latest version of VRay. Glad you like him

DaForce, You may have seen this guy as my old avatar Thanks for pointing out the space

Here's last nights render...

http://www.dtoxx.com/J_Bug/OldManFinal_01.avi
    His animation was somewhat of a rush for me so any crits would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    --Jon

Comment

Ahhh thats where i saw the old guy...right..now i remember.

The animation is good, but to me te face looks abit "rubber figures" it does seem to be as alive as the rest of the body. I would suggest opening his mouth alittle at times. Generally when i have seen old people walk with diffficulty they tend to breath thru their mouths.

Maybe he could take a breather at the end or something.

Comment

Does it flicker when you use GI but no displacement? Could be that the GI has troubles with the fine displaced details, or because there is too much variation in displacement from frame to frame which causes the GI to change too much (this can especially be true if you use view dependent displacement).

wouter
        Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

Working...
        X