Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those not at Total Chaos - what are the news?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
    Oh, don't worry, much will be available shortly after the event.
    ^Lele^, will Vray have intel denoiser? We use this in corona and it is a life saver and keeps all the detail. And the new light Hash Map, will that have better detail lighting, I always pick up more detail in lighting when using Corona. Really looking forward to all the advancements!

Comment

Can anyone elaborate on out of core rendering? My cursory understanding that it offloads gpu ram to system memory when it overfills?

Comment

Originally posted by Donfarese View Post

^Lele^, will Vray have intel denoiser? We use this in corona and it is a life saver and keeps all the detail. And the new light Hash Map, will that have better detail lighting, I always pick up more detail in lighting when using Corona. Really looking forward to all the advancements!
        Not sure about the intel denoiser (yet).
        Could i see a sample of what you mean by "more detail in lighting"?
        I ask because the LC should make pretty much no difference to lighting detail, if BF was the primary engine, unless something's broken somewhere (even setup-wise, not necessarily a bug, mind you.).

Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by S_K_I View Post
          Can anyone elaborate on out of core rendering? My cursory understanding that it offloads gpu ram to system memory when it overfills?
          In essence, yes, that's what it is.
          There are subtle differences in how each engine approaches the problem, though, with some being able to offload only textures, f.e.
          It should be noted that, compared to having all the data in VRAM (ie. on the physically close to the GPU), OOC will *always* be slower: there is no getting around the length of the trip data has to make to and from system RAM.
          How much slower, of course, is then a mix of coding practices and hardware specs.
          Lele
          ----------------------

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Was there any mention on the next release? Was it announced at the conference?
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com
            e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
            phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
            • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
            • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

4.2?
              I think there was no mentioning when it will be released.
              Apart from coronas caustics nothing overly exiting was mentioned in my opinion.
              Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
              www.AddYourLight.com
              Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
                Not sure about the intel denoiser (yet).
                Could i see a sample of what you mean by "more detail in lighting"?
                I ask because the LC should make pretty much no difference to lighting detail, if BF was the primary engine, unless something's broken somewhere (even setup-wise, not necessarily a bug, mind you.).
                It's hard to show an example because it happens with larger or very detailed scenes, where Corona will show more detail in areas compared to Vray, I always use BF + LC.

Comment

Originally posted by MANUEL_MOUSIOL View Post
                  4.2?
                  I think there was no mentioning when it will be released.
                  Apart from coronas caustics nothing overly exiting was mentioned in my opinion.
                  Vlado mentioned last month that they are waiting for the event to release an update, so hopefully soon. NEXT has been a challenge for me on several scenes and I am hoping some things have been fixed.
                  Bobby Parker
                  www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                  • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Donfarese View Post

What bugs are you seeing? We are thinking of upgrading to Next also but have found some issues. One is normal maps and the other is that Next GPU still cannot render sequence textures for things like TV's or whatnot.
                    What is the Normal Map bug?

Comment

Originally posted by TomGore View Post

What is the Normal Map bug?
                      I do know that when you convert a V-Ray scene to Corona, you get normal errors. Corona automats the fix, so it isn't a big deal in Corona. Hey, stay on topic! :P
                      Bobby Parker
                      www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
                        I do know that when you convert a V-Ray scene to Corona, you get normal errors. Corona automats the fix, so it isn't a big deal in Corona. Hey, stay on topic! :P
                        Why, thank you Bobby. You're a giggle.
                        Lele
                        ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Why don't you guys ask for nightly access? The issues might be resolved already...to stay on topic of troubles
                          Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
                          www.AddYourLight.com
                          Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

Comment

Working...
                          X