Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vraytriplanartex: Rotate multiple maps at same time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vraytriplanartex: Rotate multiple maps at same time?

Given UVW map modifier is ignored when using triplanar maps (you cannot use it's gizmo to rotate/scale in the viewport), is there a way to rotate all maps in a bitmaps properties all at once?

Currently, I'm having to rotate my triplanar diffuse map in IPR (as it doesn't show in viewport correctly), then rotate all my other maps to match.

The only way I see around this is to use a some kind of float controller map to rotate all of them at once. Bit of a pain.

Cheers

I asked for this in Maya quite a while ago. I was told that having the flexibility to control all your maps separately was a good thing (which it is) but more often than not, I want my maps aligned...normal, spec, diffuse etc usually need to line up and having a triplanar for every input is time consuming when tweaking scale of textures. I don't see why its one or the other....either control all at once, or all separately. Surely there can be some kind of lock option to constrain triplanars together in terms of scale or rotation.
    Website
    https://mangobeard.com/
    Behance
    https://www.behance.net/seandunderdale

Comment

maxscript is your friend!
      Code:
      for o in selection do
      (
          map = getClassInstances VRayTriplanarTex target:o.mat
          if map.count != 0 do for m in map do 
          (
              m.texture_rotation = [0,0,0] -- change these values
          )
      )
      this will change the texture rotation of all TriPlanarTex maps on each material assigned to the selected object.

Comment

Would be great to have something similar to Mapping Sources in VrayHdris.

I also use Maxscript commands for batch adjustments. In this case you could even reduce the code to a one-liner.

Code:
        for o in selection do (getClassInstances VrayTriplanarTex target:o.mat).texture_rotation = [0,0,0] -- change these values

Comment

Thanks for this.

Comment

here is the same function wrapped in a little rollout for convenience.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by clemens_at View Post
              here is the same function wrapped in a little rollout for convenience.
              This is great! Thanks

What would be even greater would be some offset parameters too

Comment

there you go! I hope it works :P
                Attached Files

Comment

Amazing thank you!

Comment

Working...
                  X