Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self Illumination Gradients

Hey,

I have been trying to find a work around for this with elements and compositing and I'm wondering if it's just something that could be fixed directly.

I have been animating scenes with RGB gradients as the colour for the self illumination. When it's at it's default values the gradient looks fine but I am not getting a lot of illumination on the surrounding surfaces. If I turn the value way up (here I have it set at 500) then the lighting on the surfaces is what I want but the subtlety of the gradient is all gone and it turns into a couple of harsh, flat bands of colour. Is there another setting I can play with that will keep the smooth gradient but give me these light bounces?

I have tried it with both a standard VrayMtl and the LightMtl with the same results.

Maybe use an VrayOverrideMtl with increased GI material or even a VrayMtlWrapper with boosted Generate GI?
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Could you send a stripped version of the scene to support@chaosgroup.com so we can take a look? In the e-mail, mention your V-Ray and host platform versions along with a link to this thread.
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by dlparisi View Post
        Maybe use an VrayOverrideMtl with increased GI material or even a VrayMtlWrapper with boosted Generate GI?
        Ah ha! Override material! Works like a charm, thank you so much!

Comment

Working...
        X