Saturation value from greyscale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturation value from greyscale

I'm using tyflow and Vray 3.6 to create a crowd simulation.

I have a lot of randomization going on using the Vray instances ID and the Vertex colour node in Tyflow. This give an RGB output (3 channels), or a greyscale output (1 channel), but I'm looking to randomize saturation too. 3DSMax composite texture uses the saturation value in its saturation mode, what I want is to be able to convert this greyscale value (from the Vertex colour) to the saturation value, for instance 0-255 Value = 0-255 Saturation.

This sounds like it might be possible with OSL maps? Or can anyone tell me another way?

Just to be sure I understood correctly. You would like to use the greyscale vertex color information as saturation or you would like to extract the Saturation from the RGB vertex color information or both?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Yes,the former. not necessarily from vertex colour, it would be great to be able to turn any 'value' figure in to a saturation or hue figure somehow.

Comment

Sorry to say, V-Ray does not support this functionality at this point. However, we may consider including such an operator in the future builds. Otherwise, it should be possible with an OSL map.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X