vraytoon and scene scale, help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vraytoon and scene scale, help!

I have a project which makes extensive use of vray toon environment effect set to pixel width. .

im having big problems with the current shot.

its a large landscape (8km long, scene in metres)

i have to have a camera following a car down a road.

until now it looked fine.

now i have to place a camera close to the wheel arch.

when i try to render it, the areas close to the camera become solid shaded with heavy moire patterns. disabling the vraytoon the scene works fine.

can somebody tell me how to fix this?

the scene isnt outrageously big (car is 3000m from origin)

im not sure why toon seems much more susceptible to scene scale/cam-object distance, than other scene elements.

Best you send the scene (or a simplified version of it) along with some screencaps illustrating the issue to support@chaosgroup.com so we can take a look. Mention this forum thread and your V-Ray and host platform versions in the e-mail.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Here are some tests showing the issue.. shots from a reasonable distance look fine. if you get too close, it screws up completely (and takes 10x longer to render too!)

It seems if i move objects/cams to origin, the problem is resolved, but that is not really an option. there will be lots of aerial shots in final film showing landscape from very high up.

Click image for larger version  Name:	far.jpg Views:	2 Size:	1.76 MB ID:	1071307Click image for larger version  Name:	mid.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.90 MB ID:	1071304Click image for larger version  Name:	close.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.16 MB ID:	1071305

i will send a max file to support , i have to finish this project in 1 week, and this issue is driving me nuts.

Comment

This is an issue on our side. I've logged it under ID:VMAX-9928
        For now, as a workaround, you should either decrease of the OverlapThreshold value or set the Width to World.
        Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X