colour temperature for mapped vraylights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colour temperature for mapped vraylights

ive got a scene lit using light bounced from reflector cards. i set up the scene using actual spotlights and reflector cards, then texture baked the lighting on the reflector cards and applied the (hdr) maps to vray lights in the position of the reflectors.

this gives me the same lighting, but with direct light instead of bounced.. it renders much faster.

(i didnt use vraysoftbox, as the reflectors are enormous and have two spotlights at different angles hitting them)

i now need to change colour temperature of the lights.

since they are texture mapped, the colour settings of the lights no longer work.

since they are monochromatic white maps, the colour correct map does not seem to affect them.. hue, saturation and tint all have no effect.

there is the "rgb tint" map in max that kinda works, but its hardly user friendly for setting a specific colour.

now i can colourise them quite nicely with the "photo filter" in photoshop, but id like something interactive within max.

any tips?

Maybe a VrayCompTex set to multiply with a VrayColor using color temperatures?
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Or the regular composite texture with a vray color map set to colour mode?

Comment

Originally posted by dlparisi View Post
        Maybe a VrayCompTex set to multiply with a VrayColor using color temperatures?
        yep. that worked.

many thanks (also to Jo)

Comment

Working...
        X