Rendering very large image 19,200x9,600 pixels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering very large image 19,200x9,600 pixels

I've had a heck of a time rendering a series of gigantor images. The smallest is 16'x8' at 100dpi. From there they go up to 9'x34'. I used blowup to render small chunks, then composited them all together in Pshop. But I found that each chunk has slightly different lighting levels and some had slightly distorted images. I had to stretch some chunks in different x and y direction to get them to match up. I think the perspecive might have been a litte off too.

So I guess my question is how do you configure the render(VRay and Max) to handle these large image sizes so that light levels will be the same and the images match up.

When my deadline passes I post some images what I'm talking about. Thanks.

have you tried render strips?

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

No I haven't. Is that a Max or VRay function?

Comment

Ah ha. There it is. It's a Max thing. How come I never used that before. Thanks a bunch. Maybe I'll be able to sleep tonight.

It will make compositing much easier but I don't think it'll fix the different light levels.

Comment

It is a Max fuction that Vray Can utalize under the max settings. when you set it to render tell it to net render. have you used Backburner before "I ask because it sounds like you haven't"

It should fix the light levels

don't forget to save this file where all computers have access if you try to save to your desktop...you'll be introuble....

Thanks
          Mathew Everett
          http://www.lappymats.com

Phillipians 4:13
          "I can do all things, through Christ who strengthens me."

Comment

Thanks a bunch. Actually I use backburner all the time, but I rarely need outputs at this size and haven't fiddled with strips before. I'll give it a go for the next batch.

Comment

Thanks for highlighting that Matthew.
              LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
              HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
              Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Hi i've tried render stripes and it works well with vray.
                How can i avoid the overlapping pixel?
                http://www.3dvision.co.il

Comment

Working...
                X