X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flipside
    http://users.pandora.be/stor1/vray/compare.htm

Mouse over and out of the image.

Note that in 1.09 the corners are darker, in the 1.47 version everything gets blurred. (The 1.09 had a coarser jpg compression... don't watch that ugly noise from it)
    The only thing I see is that you have saved the both images using a diferent JPG compression ratio... nothing here related to GI.

Comment

I used the images of rerender, they were already saved in different jpg quality...

Look at the bottom of the boxes, GI is darker in corners as it should be. In the 1.47 example the bottom of the box is dark and the flaar where it touches teh box is light, seems very wrong to me, and this is due to undetailed or blurred GI. This is also the case in the 1.09 version, but less pronounced, so better GI there.
      Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

The compression difference was bad science, I have re-upped the 1.09 image with the same compression, my computer was a second faster this morning it must be in a good mood
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

Yeah actually the difference in not that great. The GI differs between the two, but one is not better than the other, it's just 'different'.
          Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

Working...
          X