Monitoring DR network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitoring DR network

I'm working on making the transition from 1.09 to 1.47. I use VIZ 4 with DR (XP Pro). When using 1.09 I leave the distributed rendering settings dialog open so I can monitor my nodes. I can see the status and progress which is very useful. I can make changes to my render settings while rendering in preparation for the next render. I can also make changes to materials while the rendering process continues. In 1.47 I can't leave the settings dialog open. How do I know the status of the nodes? I can't make changes to settings or materials either. If I toggle to another app and try to return to the rendering in process I can't even switch back until the rendering is complete. Is this a VIZ 4 thing? Does anyone have a suggestion?

If you have 10 computers how can you even tell if they're all working? Reading and counting individual buckets?

Comment

the only way really would be the ip addresses on each bucket to tell you which computers joined in

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Are most people using the render strips option with backburner instead of DR with 1.47? In 1.09 it’s a common occurrence for a node to not join in for one reason or another. It’s easy to tell by looking at the settings dialog. Is DR in 1.47 much more stable so I don’t have to worry?

Comment

It would be nice if there was at least a way to indicate if a node is active, inactive or unavailable. Also the search function doesn't work and the thread priority.

Comment

The vraylog will alert you when a node is not functioning properly.
            Regards,
            Erik N

"Second to the right and straight on 'till morning!"

Comment

Thanks Erik.

Comment

Working...
              X