No announcement yet.

Benchmarking - how 'bout a new round...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm...could be. i didn't know there was such a speed difference in these fairly minor version changes.... I might take a look at my motherboard and see if theres any bios updates for it.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

I dont know if the bios would make a huge difference. Especially as the mhz are being picked up correctly. Did you notice if all 4 cpus threads where at 100% the whole render?

Comment

good question...i haven't really ever paid too close attention to it, but I cant recall ever seeing them not really be at 100%. will be something ill keep an eye on...

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Yeah they should really be all at 100%. maybe a bios update might fix that

Comment

my two cents, filling the bottom.

lets do caustics on! just kidding

Comment

A short note on the MHz: V-Ray tries to determine the MHz itself, so the data you see in the frame stamp is measured, and not taken from the system info - which is why you may see differences.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Vlado,

When will the 64bit version of vray become publically availble? im curious to see if it makes any difference.
                And its it part of the vrayexe project, as in can it run independat of max which i believe is still 32bit bound?

Comment

Originally posted by DaForce
                  When will the 64bit version of vray become publically availble? im curious to see if it makes any difference.
                  I'll be making some tests with this soon.

And its it part of the vrayexe project, as in can it run independat of max which i believe is still 32bit bound?
                  It runs completely outside of 3dsmax, so no problems there.

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Nice

Dont keep us waiting too long.

Comment

Dual Opteron 250:

After upgrading from 1.46.15 to 1.47.03:

Comment

My test with my pc but not for 3d:

Vince
                        Architecture & design Sàrl
                        global solution for architecture
                        www.architecture-design.ch

Comment

I tried to rerun these 275 opterons, after killing a few processes -- and not monkeying with the mouse. Got a slightly better time...

Comment

I had a go on the Dual 2.8 Xeon I use here which seemed to go fairly well to my surprise. Could be due to the version?:

BTW: this is a Dell Precision 670 and I netrendered it....which may explain the difference? (the computer wasnt used while rendering)

IF a plain old lower end dual core can get close/better its definatly a decent cheaper alternative for a renderfarm.

PS: percy your machine should be down around 1h or under. Thats really weird stuff. Let us know when you sort it out and have fun with rendering twice as fast when you do ) check your other other appz running/ try a netrender/check HT is enabled in bios/ do a clean format etc

Comment

heres a really screwed up benchmark. Pretty much same machine as paulison's dell 6700. I also netrendered it.

there is definitely some screwy things going on with our work pcs. hey paulison, that dell, did you wipe it and install your own os or are you still using the os dell preloaded?

Comment

percy,
                                WTF is going on there, thats as slow as my single athlon 2700+....some definitly screwy. Did you make note of the cpu usage??

Comment

Working...
                                X