I have a question about Exposure Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question about Exposure Control

you know, the sun is extreme overbright , we need to setup a ‘Vray Physical Camera’ or 'Vray Exposure Control' for tonemapping,

Are them same in default case? why Exposure control has a little blue in white balance color?

Hi could you give us a specific example, best with a scene?
    You can setup exposure control in your VRayPhysicalCamera or in 3ds max's environment rollout (rendering->environment).
    Please give us and example of that difference you are talking about.

Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

There is no need to have an exposure control effect if you use a V-Ray physical camera.
      The effect is able to override multiple cameras at once, and sports its own white balance controls, but each camera can expose independently if the effect isn't present.

If the effect's WB controls were set to a warm colour, you'd get a cold cast over the scene.
      Set it to D65 for sRGB standard whites (it's its default.), or remove it entirely to have a per-camera setup.
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	whitebalance.gif
Views:	177
Size:	700.8 KB
ID:	1138024

Its just a empty scene , I use default Vray Exposure control settings , It come with D65 but the white balance little blue ( made rendered image warmer ) ,
        As you say, after click the D56 in list, the WB turned standard white...

-- I often like to use this in a vray-sun/sky scenes, it dons't needs any physical cam while IPR .

Attached Files

Comment

Ah, that looks like a bug (VMAX-8466).
          Thanks for the report!
          Last edited by ^Lele^; 27-01-2022, 03:34 AM.
          Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

great !
            Expecting next update !

Comment

Working...
            X