Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATED BENCHMARK (ITS FASTER I PROMISE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATED BENCHMARK (ITS FASTER I PROMISE)

Ok, so I had some free time at work and decided to adjust the cornell benchmark to something more reasonable.

I went ahead and rebooted my machine and rendered it throught backburner to see if I can get some better times.

Lets see some new benchmarks people!

http://myweb.cableone.net/amylenhart/cornelltestnew.max

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

dell workstation 450, dual xeon 3.2Ghz HT enabled 2GB memory

/.mario'
    Dual Xeon E5-2699 v43, ASUS Gforce RTX 2080S, Samsung M.2 SSD,
    www.robostudio.swiss/portfolio
    mr@robostudio.swiss

Comment

heres one of our render slaves:

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

heres mine

not bad I suppose as my boxx is 2 years old

Comment

A64 3200 / 1024 / win2k3 x64 /max 7sp1 / priority normal

I just can't seem to trust myself
          So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
          ---------------------------------------------------------
          CG Artist

Comment

Dual Opteron 245 (not dual core), network rendered, but with other things running and netrender set to low priority, WinXP64 Beta (still waiting for the full version to arive )

Comment

Paul, you may want to check your 3DS and System Gamma settings... notice the difference between your image and othe others (look at the darkness of the water at the bottom of the image)

Comment

Originally posted by Dynedain
                Dual Opteron 245 (not dual core), network rendered, but with other things running and netrender set to low priority, WinXP64 Beta (still waiting for the full version to arive )
                may I ask how you purchased the winxp 64? Im ordering my new machine tomorrow and am purchasing winxp 64 from newegg.com. I haven't spoken with them yet, but I saw nothing on their website that said there would be a delay with shipping of the OS.

Comment

Originally posted by percydaman
                  Originally posted by Dynedain
                  may I ask how you purchased the winxp 64? Im ordering my new machine tomorrow and am purchasing winxp 64 from newegg.com. I haven't spoken with them yet, but I saw nothing on their website that said there would be a delay with shipping of the OS.
                  The "product fulfillment upgrade" for people who got a 64bit machine running XP32 somepoint in the past year. You have to go through a special form/process on Microsoft's site.... it took over 2 months for mine to ship (supposed to be shipping now)

Comment

ok gotcha... I was talking to daelf earlier about this. Can you confirm whether what your getting is an upgrade disk or will be a standalone installer that doesn't require to have your 32bit xp version installed.

Comment

ok got new results in from the new scene:

-dave

Cheers,
                      -dave
                      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

wow nice times syclone. I can see that my dell still aint cutting it and I even rebooted it and cleaned up the tasktray.

Im ordering my dual core machine tomorrow so hopefully by this time next friday Ill have a benchmark to show.

Comment

Dell Precision 470, Dual Xeon 3.4 w/HT, 3GB RAM

Christopher Grant
                          Director of Visualization, HMC Architects
                          Portfolio, ChristopherGrant.com

Comment

Dual Xeon benchmark

Max 7, VRay 1.47.03, Dual Xeon 3Ghz HT, XP.

1 gig of ram;

2 gigs of ram;

Comment

Funny issue, but restarted max - and it's all gone. Just as lighten as others
                              I just can't seem to trust myself
                              So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
                              ---------------------------------------------------------
                              CG Artist

Comment

Working...
                              X