Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATED BENCHMARK (ITS FASTER I PROMISE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok....... I got 6:32

Dell 650 Workstation
    Dual Xeon 3.02 with 4 gigs of Ram...Win Xp.... Usiing the 3GB switch....
    Wildcat VP Pro 990 512 Ram Video Card

Looks exactly like the other images...so I am happy....Good to know I am at least comparable to other machines of the same speed.

Thanx Percy

Eric Camper
    Eric Camper
    Studio 3D
    www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

• Got my x2 (4200) up and running. 2gb of Ram.
      Temps holding at 115-118*F

Its fast. And cheap. As shown in the bechmark/$ chart.
      It really jams some light cache and IRR calculations.... wonder if for this reason memory usage will be less?
      www.studio2a.co

Comment

• i actually saw a graph somewhere that the 4200 IS a better buy then the 4400 due to the fact that apparently the extra cache isn't used much when rendering. Its better used with gaming etc...

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

• at work, dual Xeon 3.6, with 2 gigs of ram, running other programs all day long in the background took 5:07 I love this machine
          www.DanielBuck.net - www.My46Willys.com - www.33Chevy.net - www.DNSFail.com

Comment

• and the price tag on that suckah

Comment

• Originally posted by percydaman
              i actually saw a graph somewhere that the 4200 IS a better buy then the 4400 due to the fact that apparently the extra cache isn't used much when rendering. Its better used with gaming etc...
              Shhhh. Don't tell Daforce.

Comment

• Actually its all good cause this is going to be a gaming machine as well
                Plus there isnt a huge price difference between the 4200 and the 4400 here in Aus

Comment

• Originally posted by DaForce

Actually its all good cause this is going to be a gaming machine as well
                  Plus there isnt a huge price difference between the 4200 and the 4400 here in Aus
                  Yeah yeah, I could quit ANYtime I wanted to! I'm not an addict!

How is yours going? I had some very interesting issues with the motherboard - Asus A8N-SLI deluxe. Lotsa driver hell until I found a stable combo. Can't run with the Nvidia SATA drivers. Issue with gettinr RAM timings to work. few other bugs. Be warned.

Comment

• Well because i bought a cheapo AMD 3000+ a month or so ago, I have had mine up and running for awhile. Without any problems really. Although im not running any sata...yet.
                    I heard the Asus's need a bios update for them to properly work with the X2's and over 2gb of memory.
                    I found that i have to use the DFI motherboard drivers and not the official Nvidia ones, but have downloaded the latest ones the other day and are yet to try them. Not in any rish really as it runs quite well as it is Except for not being dual core and only having 1gb ram

But my cpu and ram should be here on Monday.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaForce
                      and the price tag on that suckah
                      talking to me? I have no clue, It's my machine at work.
                      www.DanielBuck.net - www.My46Willys.com - www.33Chevy.net - www.DNSFail.com

Comment

• yeah talking to you.

Was just pointing out that although it renders fast its quite abit more expensive so not as good bang for your buck as the X2's

s'all

Comment

• my x2 is bliss! cant wait to get some more ram.

30secs slower in rendering this benchmark compared to my dual xeon 3.4, but it was also a third of the price!
                          Chris Jackson
                          Shiftmedia
                          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

• you got a 2gb of ram dont you ?

Comment

• yup, a lonely 2gb

It needs a pal i think
                              Chris Jackson
                              Shiftmedia
                              www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

• did you get a single 2gb stick or 2x 1gb sticks?

Comment

Working...
                                X