Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATED BENCHMARK (ITS FASTER I PROMISE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2x1gb
    MUST HAVE MORE RAM!!
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

• hahahah fair enough. Do you even render scenes that require that much ram... or are you just a needless ram connoisseur like myself.

Comment

• needless ram connoisseur! plain and simple

I do work on very large scenes as well
        Chris Jackson
        Shiftmedia
        www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

• heheh ahh ok.

Well good to know i have a fellow NRC in the forums

Im also a NOPSUC as well. needlessly overpowered power supply unit connoisseur.

hehehe

Comment

• 600w says i am NOPSUC too!
            Chris Jackson
            Shiftmedia
            www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

• exactly

LOL

Comment

• haha 4 gigs makes me one too Ill bet.... Im loving my Abit AN8 Ultra... simple bios update and its worked like a charm...

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

• Welcome to the prestigious club

Comment

• Originally posted by DaForce
                    Welcome to the prestigious club
                    ahh, I feel a member cos I have 4G, but one of those trial/associate sort of members, because Windows XP can only see 3GB of it.. sigh.

Comment

• Originally posted by davexl23
                      Originally posted by DaForce
                      ahh, I feel a member cos I have 4G, but one of those trial/associate sort of members, because Windows XP can only see 3GB of it.. sigh.
                      haha...ya you dont get the keys to the executive washroom until you upgrade to winxp 64...

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

• Originally posted by DaForce
                        yeah talking to you.

Was just pointing out that although it renders fast its quite abit more expensive so not as good bang for your buck as the X2's

s'all
                        yea, no doubt For my money, the X2 seems to fit perfectly, and from what the bench marks look like (rendering anyway) the X2 seems to be quite close to the render times of the dual Xeons.
                        www.DanielBuck.net - www.My46Willys.com - www.33Chevy.net - www.DNSFail.com

Comment

• I can't beleive I havent seen this post! I am like the Benchmark Natzi!

Thanks
                          Mathew Everett
                          http://www.lappymats.com

Phillipians 4:13
                          "I can do all things, through Christ who strengthens me."

Comment

• Originally posted by davexl23
                            Originally posted by DaForce
                            Ahh i take it you didnt get my subtle hint in a previous post that you need to update the bios on your Asus mobo to get it to work with all 4gb

Give it a whirl.

Mathew Everett:
                            damn 4m10s
                            That seems disturbingly quick.
                            Given that 2 other machines practically identical to yours did it in 4m59s each. mmmmm whats your secret

Comment

• you know I don't really know!

I have things setup a bit odd, I have windows running in 3 gig mode but I don't think that helped much , I have HD cache turned off so it is forced to use the memory.... um....what else. I don't know the rendringf has nothing to do with the graphics card...and I know you guy probaly have better than this one FX 2000... anything else that would make it run faster!
                              Thanks
                              Mathew Everett
                              http://www.lappymats.com

Phillipians 4:13
                              "I can do all things, through Christ who strengthens me."

Comment

• maybe theres some confusion here. Are you running 64bit windows? If you aint, nothing is going to get you that extra gig of memory. If you are, then ya you prolly need a bios update.

Comment

Working...
                                X