Volumetrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volumetrics

To create a cloud of a specific shape I am currently using VRayEnvironmentFog with a mesh as a gizmo, and I have an animated noise texture in its density slot (see attached still). This takes an incredibly long time to render (hence the reduced cloud quality), and I'm wondering if it's possible to somehow convert this shape into something that I can pop onto a VRay Volume grid, as those seem to render a lot faster.

Or maybe I need to learn how to use Embergen or the Unreal cloud system....

Thanks.
    - Geoff

You may try creating a cloud through the VolumeGrid's smoke texture options (no cache required). Check this video tutorial.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
      You may try creating a cloud through the VolumeGrid's smoke texture options (no cache required). Check this video tutorial.
      When using IPR it doesn't show the volumegrid, is this normal? The tutorial shows interactive rendering being used but not working here.
      A.

---------------------
      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

I can confirm that using vray 5.20.02 the volume grid is not visible using interactive rendering.
        pixel bender @ panoptikon

Comment

Vizioen
          Yes, we are aware of that (internal bug-tracker id: PHI-5433) and it's yet to be implemented. It concerns only Phoenix Fire/Smoke simulators; Liquid/Particle Shaders should work in IPR.
          Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
          X