Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LensEffects and RGB WITHOUT LensEffects in Same Render?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LensEffects and RGB WITHOUT LensEffects in Same Render?

Is there a way to render and animation and get VRay to save out the LensEffects Glare channel, as well as the RGB WITHOUT LensEffects applied? So I have the lens effects by itself to apply in post...

I never seem to be able to make this happen. There has to be a way short of rendering twice, right?
    Last edited by Joelaff; 12-08-2022, 10:25 AM.

There must be a better way i am not aware of, but in the while you ought to be able to get it done by adding a light select at defaults (i.e. "Full" mode.), with the include/exclude mode set to exclude.
    The list being empty, it will include all that's lit, and won't be touched by the lens effects.
    See attached.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ^Lele^; 12-08-2022, 04:06 PM.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Creative. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Joelaff View Post
        Creative. Thanks.
        While Lele's workaround is indeed working, there is a simpler solution already available: In the Lens Effects settings, enable "Save Glare channel" as well as "create effectsResult channel". This will give you the following output (no matter if saved manually via VFB or automatically):

- RGB_Color with Lens Effects baked in
        - origRGB without Lens Effects baked in
        - and the Glare channel with Lens Effects only

By combining the last two, you can recreate the RGB_Color.

However, there still is a caveat to that: Depending on how you save, the channels are named differently. I still consider this as a bug. Don't know if this is still a thing in 6, in 5 it definately is:

https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...es-when-saving
        Last edited by kosso_olli; 16-08-2022, 05:04 AM.
        https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

ah-ah! Indeed, that's when it shows up, on save.
          Nice find Olli, thanks for that!
          Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
            ah-ah! Indeed, that's when it shows up, on save.
            Nice find Olli, thanks for that!
            I am happy that Chaos still listens to it's users (well, most of the time ) because it was still a request a few months ago. If the discrepancies could also be fixed in the future, that would be great. Maybe they already are, I did not check in 6 yet.
            https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

with VRayLightSelect remember about adding VRaySelfillumination as it is not included.
              Marcin Piotrowski
              youtube

Comment

Working...
              X