now that siggraph is over....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• now that siggraph is over....

when will we get our mitts on the next release Vlado ?

WE CANT WAIT ANYMORE

Comment

ehehe It will be some more time guys - the new features need to be polished up a bit - but they are coming soon. If you really, really really need any of them - you can email me.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

hear that sound? thats the sound of 500 people emailing chaos with their "must have latest vray" story.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Damn, I only really, really need it. I'm one really short.
          www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Originally posted by dlparisi
              Really? Really really need it? Matter of life and death? I mean... what if you didn't know about it existing. Wouldn't you try to find some solution to make it work? While it sucks, I live without Vray at work everyday. The fact is, in Renderman, we fake so much all the time.

Ok... I'm just kidding around. But sometimes when I see emails from people crying for the latest feature I'm reminded of the little kids in grocery stores crying to their mothers about how they really really need to have that toy....

Comment

It was a joke, just a comment on Vlado's "really, really, really" comment. I tend to agree with you about people "needing" the latest upgrade and features. Granted, I'll be one of the first to download any new build, but it's because I "want" it, not that I "need" it. We're never satisfied.

David

Comment

Muuuuuuuuuuuummmm

I really neeeeeeeeed that physical sky......I'll be a good boy :P

Comment

It was a joke, just a comment on Vlado's "really, really, really" comment. I tend to agree with you about people "needing" the latest upgrade and features. Granted, I'll be one of the first to download any new build, but it's because I "want" it, not that I "need" it. We're never satisfied.

David
                    I was kidding too... those new features are s-huh-weeeeeet! the physical camera gives me a... well... you know.

and the Dirt shader... yes it is called a dirt shader not an AO shader. I'm happy that it is called a dirt shader more then it even being a new feature.

and the dome light that now takes HDRIs

need I go on?

physical sky is cool... but to be real honest, I would rather control it myself the old fashion way.

Comment

not 500, but more like 50000
                      Dmitry Vinnik
                      Silhouette Images Inc.
                      ShowReel:
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                      https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Originally posted by Morbid Angel
                        not 500, but more like 50000
                        Deny of service, poor computer
                        In teapots we trust.

Comment

Originally posted by cpnichols

David
                          I was kidding too... those new features are s-huh-weeeeeet! the physical camera gives me a... well... you know.

and the Dirt shader... yes it is called a dirt shader not an AO shader. I'm happy that it is called a dirt shader more then it even being a new feature.

and the dome light that now takes HDRIs

need I go on?

physical sky is cool... but to be real honest, I would rather control it myself the old fashion way.
                          same here. I need another way to calculate AO like I need a kick to the jimmy...now a dirt shader though...

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

could someone explain me what is the magic behind a physical camera ? thank you
                            http://www.3dna.be

Comment

I can only tell you what I know based on what I saw. The camera actually has the same physical properties (and therefore variables) as a real camera. The variables include film size (such as 35 mm), lens size (such as 20mm) aperture size such as (F, focus such as (100 m), then you can add the "perfecting" of the glass such as the bulging. So a fisheye lens will have the bulging. It also works directly with the DOF effect in a correct way. Basically it refracts the entire image through the lens of a virtual camera that has all the properties of a camera of the real world. The only "imperfection" that I did not see was vignetting and chromatic aberration. Not sure if Vlado is considering add these features... personally all I want in a camera like that it already has. I would rather add the vignetting in post (if at all), and the chromatic aberation just means you got a really cheap camera.

Comment

Working...
                              X