VRScene object not rendering with materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRScene object not rendering with materials

I'm not very familiar with VRScene, but I thought I'd try it to Xref the various parts of a file together as the original was getting very large.

This isn't fully explained in the docs, but the suggestion is that if you export with default parameters (i.e. 'seperate files' unchecked) then all shaders should be exported as part of the VRScene, so you can drop a VRScene object in to a new file and it should render with textures.

At the moment I'm doing just that : export with default settings, import as new VRScene object, and I can't get any materials in my render.

Material override is not switched on.

Any ideas what's going on?

This is all on one computer by the way, the scene renders fine in its original state and has access to all necessary assets

Comment

Hi thanks for posting. I am not 100% sure what is your setup. I tested the following:
      - created a new simple scene with materials, exported it as vrscene, then imported back in a new scene and rendered and it renders fine.
      - opened another clean scene and added the scene with imported vrscene ad xref and again everything renders fine

Please confirm that you are doing the same and if not please give us a bit more details about you workflow. You can also upload your test scene here or send it trough the support contact form.
      Please include a link to this thread if you use the contact form.
      Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I see my material override was on in my export scene. I'm guessing this is baked in to the VRScene. I'll try this again and if that doesn't work I'll do your test.

Is there anything else I should look out for in the settings? Are all global switches controlled by the export file settings?

Comment

All sorted now, working like a dream. I'd missed the 'export settings' checkbox!

Comment

Great news. Thanks for confirming.

Comment

I see lights from the VRScene show up as 'rest' in lightmix. that's a shame, I'm going to have to keep them in the host scene. Are there any plans to change this, so VRScene lights work properly with lightmix?

Comment

Hi, thanks for posting. It is not straight forward to change this behaviour. We will consider it for future upgrades.

Comment

Working...
                X