3ds Max 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fixeighted View Post
    Um...I got a specific BitDefender alert from the nightly... Named TrickOrTreat.Gen.1.
    The reason I mention it is that I've never once had an alert like this from anything at all
    in my memory, so thought it worth mentioning.
    I won't install this until it can be verified as some bizarre false positive
    Can you say which build was that? We had some similar cases recently and they were all false-positives.
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Comment

It was the nightly for Max 24, so there's just the one.
      The alert popped up as I tried to extract from the zip, but whatever it found it quarantined it and left the .exe extracted, so
      I installed it and so far my bank balance and my data remains intact
      https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Originally posted by fixeighted View Post
        It was the nightly for Max 24, so there's just the one.
        The alert popped up as I tried to extract from the zip, but whatever it found it quarantined it and left the .exe extracted, so
        I installed it and so far my bank balance and my data remains intact
        It's not just one You have a new one (almost) every day. And why are you worrying about bank balances when the inflation will eat them anyway

Peter Matanov
        Chaos

Comment

Ah ok...at the time I got it I saw only one: vray_adv_61005_max2024_x64_32000_install

My current balance is so small that I don't have to worry about it anyway
          https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Originally posted by matanov View Post

Lets first release V6 and then we'll see if there will be V5 for 2024 at all. Reminder - these things take development time and effort and we also have an official policy - https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/a...ducts-support-

Yes it would be wonderful if there would be a support for Vray 5 on Max 2024. Since this Version is unexpectedly still very common. ( but I think there are reasons for it =)
            It would be great to support those ones still as well.

Comment

Originally posted by caypiranha View Post
              Yes it would be wonderful if there would be a support for Vray 5 on Max 2024. Since this Version is unexpectedly still very common. ( but I think there are reasons for it =)
              It would be great to support those ones still as well.
              Yes, but the policy Peter linked is very clear, and it states "When a new version of the host platform is released, however, only the newest version of V-Ray will be updated to be compatible with it.".
              As resources are limited, it's wiser to dedicate them to the current release, than to an older one.
              So, whatever issue you may have and think you can fix using v5 instead of v6, we'd like to hear about, so we can fix it for v6 and going forward.
              Lele
              Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
              ----------------------
              emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
              The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

I read the policy and understood. (although there is written, that the last 3 versions of the hostplatform is being updated - I think after releasing the newest Vray version. (but is this already 3 Years ago?) For now I am too lazy to verify this... - Vray 5 is now already really out of range already here?
                And it´s also not about "bugs" or other circumstances, that will be the reason for not getting on Vray 6 ... =)

Comment

Is it OK that a 2024 support build of V-Ray 5 will be provided, although at a later date?

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
                  oakcorp.net
                  v-ray.jp

Comment

Originally posted by flat View Post
                    Is it OK that a 2024 support build of V-Ray 5 will be provided, although at a later date?
                    If we decide to provide such build it will only cover what V-Ray in Max 2023 can do, meaning that new 2024-only features will not be supported (f.e. material compounds, Max Color Management, etc).

Peter Matanov
                    Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by matanov View Post

If we decide to provide such build it will only cover what V-Ray in Max 2023 can do, meaning that new 2024-only features will not be supported (f.e. material compounds, Max Color Management, etc).

that's understandable. You won't mostly find such adjustments anywhere else.
                      But can you maybe tell us more about the Story of...

...the If?

=)

Comment

that's understandable. You won't mostly find such adjustments anywhere else.
                        But can you maybe tell us more about the Story of...

...the If?

=)
                        The if is there because I don't want to promise anything

Peter Matanov
                        Chaos

Comment

=) .. so hard to take a decision, so many circumstances to get a decision? maybe it's not the badestto tell the community what they're up to. I would like to know, if I would stay on 2023 or I can take the step on 2024 for the next thing.

Comment

if I would stay on 2023 or I can take the step on 2024 for the next thing.
                            Step up to 2024 *with* v6 if you need an OCIO color managed application.
                            Otherwise, stay as you are.
                            V5 for 2024 is going to be identical to v5 for 2023, but possibly with more issues (as there is a new color management approach in place in the host DCC for which v5 was never designed.), and surely not soon.
                            Lele
                            Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                            ----------------------
                            emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Please release V5 for 2024 asap... Forcing me to pay 749 euro for an upgrade to my perpetual license just so I can use vray with max2024 is kinda crazy!
                              www.suurland.com
                              www.cg-source.com
                              www.hdri-locations.com

Comment

Originally posted by suurland View Post
                                Please release V5 for 2024 asap... Forcing me to pay 749 euro for an upgrade to my perpetual license just so I can use vray with max2024 is kinda crazy!
                                Forcing? The policy is here for years and despite it every time we spend extra dev resources to produce some builds for the old V-Ray versions...

Anyway, here is the folder for stable 5.2 - https://nightlies.chaos.com/main#/vr...ble/stable_5.2. You can find a build for 2024 in there, just pick the latest date.

Peter Matanov
                                Chaos

Comment

Working...
                                X