No announcement yet.

3ds Max 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course, I personally recommend switching to V-Ray 6 as soon as possible, but thanks for the max2024 recompilation of V-Ray 5.
    It helps with certain projects where switching between renderer versions is not possible.​

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
    oakcorp.net
    v-ray.jp

Comment

Originally posted by matanov View Post

Forcing? The policy is here for years and despite it every time we spend extra dev resources to produce some builds for the old V-Ray versions...

Anyway, here is the folder for stable 5.2 - https://nightlies.chaos.com/main#/vr...ble/stable_5.2. You can find a build for 2024 in there, just pick the latest date.
      If you have it, just do people a favor to make it public. So people don't have to spend time to search where to find it. People eventually will upgrade to the latest version but, with some reasons just have to stay with Vray 5 for now. It is business right? Policy is when bad things happened you bring up, not just abruptly to bring up against your client when they just need you to compile for a new Max version, this is not a ridiculous request, isn't it? Extra resources wasted? Wouldn't it be a good investment and opportunity to show how good the Vray service is, more people are willing to upgrade when they are done with Vray 5?
      Last edited by linda_melchione; 07-06-2023, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Our resources are finite, and the bias on their use has to be at some point steered elsewhere to accommodate for the new.

Having been clear and straightforward in due time about what would be supported with what else, we feel there isn't much else we should have done in this regard.

This comes as an extra, that costed us a non-negligible effort, and as such it should be treated: it will not be supported going forward, there is no guarantee of bug fixing, and users are warmly suggested to switch to V6 if they plan on entertaining working with Max 2024.
        V5 was never meant to comply with the changes Max 2024 made, and will make.

This is why it's publicly available, but without any support attached, and as such not publicly announced.

Metrics for what constitutes good service can be highly subjective, so I don't feel comfortable entering that kind of debate.​​
        If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
        Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by suurland View Post
          Please release V5 for 2024 asap... Forcing me to pay 749 euro for an upgrade to my perpetual license just so I can use vray with max2024 is kinda crazy!
          Why not offer an Indie license for those who need it? Even Autodesk managed at least to offer an Indie license. For me, I am looking now more and more for Arnold. It´s implemented in 3D Max and is a renderer with a distinctive look and feel.​
          And here is another reason, why it´s hard to stay with Chaos:

Anyway, here is the folder for stable 5.2 - https://nightlies.chaos.com/main#/vr...ble/stable_5.2. You can find a build for 2024 in there, just pick the latest date.
          First a big thanks now for giving us this Version for 2024. For some of us it´s crucial... =)

But I am wondering if the product management is making anyway the decision that eg.g Vray 5 will be available for Max 2024, why not make it official? (with a little disclaimer about technical issues belonging to Max 2024 like Colormanagement etc)
          it would be very accommodating and customer friendly if this news should be announced somehow. And not be published under such circumstances ( .. well, I find ASAP a bit rude and prompting - so I don't know if I would even give an answer on here.
          BUT along this way, there comes the great info about a nightly for 2024... I don't understand somehow really why there hasn't been an

And I also don't understand really, why the last "buggy" official stable version on the official download area still contains the blueish Shaderball Bug?
          Why hasn't that been at least replaced with one of the nightlies with this obvious bug fixed? (If you see this as the very last one you might offer to the public)

So I also just stepped by chance on seeing that Vray 5 is for 2024 available, while setting up a new system, I went downloaded the version with the bad blue shader ball bug on the official download site, installed it, saw it in Slate - rolling eyes - thought S***t to my self and began
          searching the Forum for the fix on that here again. Found I asked this here many Months ago and Found the fixed version on your FTP Directories of the nightlies... c´mon - time waste... It´s crap - that is not customer friendly! ...so thanks for that.

So, with my honest words here left, I hope that you don't think I am just uselessly moaning around. If you take a look from the customer-friendly side, is it so wrong If I expect to have the best and newest version on the top of the official download site? or am I expecting too much? I don't think so really.
          You are going a bit the bad way like AD is going. It´s messy, product management is not trustworthy, giving no response at all and all developments on 3D Max are lame like Hell. (sure, they don't want to spend right amount of money on here, keeping this dinosaur alive and modernized).
          You always get a new release besides a small handful of new features also things that always worsen better, or leaving the easiest things that might be able to fix decades in behind.
          This is here at Chaos at this time not really the case, but all have to keep in mind: there will always be (a new) one making the race (I am not mentioning any 3D Tool which nowadays is growing like hell, and cost nothing - and can do almost ALL.
          Even if it is clear that Blender still needs to improve in some areas, but the basis has a high impact that should not be underestimated. Pretty clear why it is being sponsored by huge companies, which are simply tired of paying so much on Software costs on Max, Maya, and many other specialized Tools you need for FX Productions. This summs up. Tired of giving money on something that makes them feel, it's not worth it anymore.

If you guys want to stay medium to long term in competition, you really have to to something better and different - well, of course, I am just guessing. It's not part of my profession. But it's just part of common sense.
          And for me, it starts right here with these above-mentioned Details which I am missing as a customer.

=)

Comment

Our resources are finite, and the bias on their use has to be at some point steered elsewhere to accommodate for the new.

Having been clear and straightforward in due time about what would be supported with what else, we feel there isn't much else we should have done in this regard.

This comes as an extra, that costed us a non-negligible effort, and as such it should be treated: it will not be supported going forward, there is no guarantee of bug fixing, and users are warmly suggested to switch to V6 if they plan on entertaining working with Max 2024.
            V5 was never meant to comply with the changes Max 2024 made, and will make.

This is why it's publicly available, but without any support attached, and as such not publicly announced.

Metrics for what constitutes good service can be highly subjective, so I don't feel comfortable entering that kind of debate.​​
            1. If your resources is limited, ask your manager what to do. It is not your clients' issue. That's your job how to solve YOUR problem on your end.

2. Again, we were not asking Vray 3 or older versions for Max 2024, Vray 5 is only one year older. This is not a ridiculous request. When Max 2025 is released, probably we already upgrated to Vray 6.

3. We are not in the entertaining industry.

4. We all knew how those customer supports work without subscribing. Again, thank you for making Vray 5 work with Max 2024.

5. It has been done, hasn't it? Just tell people "We work hard and did this for you, you're very welcome, unfortunaly we won't have Vray 5 supporting Max 2025 in the future". Job done, giving warning, everyone happy. I don't understand why using policies to annoy people, to throw attitude right there.
            Last edited by linda_melchione; 09-06-2023, 07:37 PM.

Comment

if between Home and Blogs in this thread here, just 81 Minutes passing by, it might not be that hard a Job. Thinking about dispatching resources on such a "memorable Task" might take longer than the realization in the End...

And again many Thanks to Yavor here on releasing at least this version! =)

but please put at least one working version on the official download link to avoid customers always stumbling always in this blue shader node trap... so such a bad Idea?

Comment

Working...
              X