Referenced assets for rendering with standalone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Referenced assets for rendering with standalone

Can Standalone (via vrscene) render with external assets like .abc files, or vrayproxy files?

I have a scene that imports some splines and particles via Alembic (Using the VRayProxy as a loader), and I am trying to figure out a way to not have to copy these big assets to a very large vrscene every time I want to render. I would rather make use of a reference to an existing asset for a number of reasons (including caching on cloud render services like AWS with Deadline).

Is there an efficient way to handle such external files without embedding them in the vrscene every time?

Thanks.

Hi, thanks for posting. The vrscene supports VRayProxy loader and loads the mesh as in normal scene, during rendering.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I think it is actually working with my Alembic files right now. I believe my giant vrscene files were due to another issue I just brought up in the issues forum.

This is good to know, though, as I work likely change some other assets over to vray proxy format.

Thanks.

I have a scene with a bunch of condensation on bottles. When I export a vrscene for rendering in Standalone the vrscene file is about 120MB. I added a Pro Optimizer to each of 9 EditMesh objects for the various condensation droplets. After I applied the Pro Optimizers (and thus LOWERED the poly count) the next time I exported

Comment

I am seeing the VRayProxy loader still embeds Alembic particle data in the vrscene file. Is there some way to force it to reference the external files?

Exporting to PRT and using a PRTReader works, but I would rather use the Alembic if possible in some cases.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X