Vray Caustics through glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

I did experiment a lot, and manage to get the sharp caustics on the floor and even some nice rays on the dining tables. I used a more basic glass material and very small light sources. But despite having a nice preview in the Ipr+denoiser in around 2 minutes, I can't get rid of the noise in the final render.
    I increased min subdiv/ min shading rate as suggested in the doc, even the lights caustics subdivisions to 50000, yet after running a region sample for more than 10 hours, the noise reduced in size a bit but the image is still really pretty noisy. Same happen using a non reflective simple grey material on the table cloths.

Without caustics, I get less noise than this after only a few minutes.

Do you think I might have a clean image if I let it run for days? An idea how to get a clean final result ?

edit: available sample scene here: https://we.tl/t-EAouChmxMY
    Last edited by MartinDarzacq; 17-06-2023, 12:09 AM.

Comment

You should set MSR to a very low value (say, 3).
      This will bias the rendering towards camera rays (i.e. passes), and as such allow for more photon passes in a unit of time.
      Feel free to pack and send me the scene, i'll try and see if anything can be done.
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

I did add a wetransfer to the sample scene, or if you meant the full scene, I'll do that right now

Comment

I am sending you the full scene and maps link via email. Thank you a lot for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X