Exporting from Revit to 3ds max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting from Revit to 3ds max

Can someone refer me to a good tutorial on how to export a file from Revit to 3ds max? I'm mostly concerned about the naming conventions of materials in Revit and easily transitioning to Vray materials. And is it best to export as FBX and import into max the same? Or import as revit.
    I'm re-familiarizing myself with max and vray so I'm kind of in the fog here. But I was thinking that there are a lot of materials I would rather apply in Max, (vray materials), like for example my structure has a vegetated roof that I'm sure would be more accurately illustrated in max.

Originally posted by vanderloo View Post
    I'm mostly concerned about the naming conventions of materials in Revit and easily transitioning to Vray materials.
    There are a couple of converters that can solve this. Check this thread to convert to Physical Materials. Afterward, use the V-Ray scene converter (V-Ray>Converters) and convert Physical Materials to V-Ray ones.
    Originally posted by vanderloo View Post
    And is it best to export as FBX and import into max the same? Or import as revit.
    FBX is the usual way to go. You can always export a .vrscene from Revit and render it directly in 3ds Max, though. Not sure if you have V-Ray for Revit installed, though.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thank You Hermit.Crab

Comment

I subscribe to SINI's tool suite, which has all you need.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I used Sini too, but always had missing or messed up polys for some reason. Also materials were messed up. I now use Revit To Max Pro (by Vizguy) which does a far cleaner (and faster) job. You still have to export to FBX from Revit though!

Comment

I have Revit to Max Pro, too. It also works well.
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com
            e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
            phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
            • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
            • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Working...
            X