vray proxy and scatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well after looking at that image you got me
    I do think that for long shot you can use forest.
    btw what did you use for trees in that image?
    http://www.3dvision.co.il

Comment

everything there was imported from vue. forest of planes will work fine if your camera doesn't move alot. If you saw our story board you would understand what Im saying.

The camera is from the vantage of a helicopter moving along the ground and looking down. That in itself would destroy the perspective of planes. The camera then slowly pans up as you reach the buildings and then moves in a circle around the entire complex.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

can you tell me more about the work proces with vue?
        do you import the scene into vue set the trees and the export the forest back to max ?
        or do you just import a couple of trees from vue vray mesh them and the scatter them in max?

Comment

basically for now Ive just been exporting the trees and such from vue in 3ds format. Then scattering in max. Im hoping in the future vue will better sync with max, so that I can do more in vue. It does an amazing job rendering its trees.

EDIT: I doubt the trees out of vue look as good as some of the other tree packages. But like I said, Im hoping to use vue for more then exporting trees in the future.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

i thought i read somwhere that 1 ver of vue can import max cams and then u can render the trees in vue and composite later, does that option exist?

Comment

technically yes, realistically no. Its an incredible pain getting a max cam into vue. It doesn't actually import the camera, it more like creates its own cam and syncs it with the max cam. Its really horrible. Theres supposedly a new vue pack coming out that will really help. We'll see.

Comment

just visit their web site and according to them its just a walk in the park,
                let us know if their is any real progress in thar area.

that eco system and that render looks realy cool.
                does it render fast as well?

Comment

Its a little on the slow side, unless you use GI, then its really on the slow side.

Comment

I must say those vue trees look very nice,is the work flow similar to xfrog in that you import as 3ds then add opacity map?

Comment

go here and you can download a vue tree and see for yourself. I have never used xfrog.

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...hlight=#102817

Comment

nice one thanks..

Comment

Percy, that render is brilliant.
                          Looks great, i really like it....except for those water fountains... they dont look so good. Or should i say Milk fountains

Comment

haha true. i should have mentioned that they were an early test

Comment

hehe phew

Do you mind if i ask how you have your lighting setup in that render. 'tis rather nice.
                              And are the tree leaves just textured or have you got some SSS or something else funky going on? (doubts it cause of render times)

Comment

the lighting is rather basic. HDRI for enviro and ies sun for direct light. Trees are indeed just regular stuff. With 3moblur the rendertimes are pretty high as it is. If not for a renderfarm, theres no doubt I would be using the bitmapped planes mentioned earlier.

Oh I should mention theres some post work. Curve adjustment to lighten the whole image and little glow there in the sky.

Comment

Working...
                                X