No announcement yet.

vray proxy and scatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What HDRI? is it just a general sky type HDR.
    Obviously its not kitchen

I think given how good this looks with the mesh trees, the bitmaps would seem pretty poor in comparision.
    The glow adds a nice touch, almost makes you feel like you have to squint a little when looking a the sky. (in the render that is)

Comment

That shot looks fantasatic! I've noticed that you have to use vray shadow with proxy which I normaly don't like because they are too sharp and area shadows would take way too long. Have you found any way to soften them up without increasing render time?

Also have you considered changing the leaves to single poly (by replacing with a scatter object) on distant trees that never come too close to the camera? I find that you can't tell the shape of a leaf when it is beyond 30-40 feet away. Should boost render times considerably with such a huge volume.
      "A severed foot would make the ultimate stocking stuffer"
      -Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Im using vray shadows, cant use anything else due to the opacity. Im not using area shadows, it would just take too damn long. Itll prolly just have to be good enough, its rendering long enough as it is.

Im not sure what you mean by changing leaves to single poly?

Daforce: Its an HDRI i picked up somewhere that was a free sample of a commercial hdri package. I have no idea where it can be found. Could share it if anyone wanted it.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

I mean create a single poly triangle (1 face). Create a scatter object using the leaves of your vue tree as the distribution object. Check "hide distribution object" and delete the original vue leaf object. You now have a new tree with single poly leaves. Say your vue leaves have 10 faces/leaf, then you've reduced face count by 90%. Again only useful for distant trees.
          "A severed foot would make the ultimate stocking stuffer"
          -Mitch Hedberg

Comment

ok i see. no thats not how vue trees work. All but the major branches are opacity mapped planes. that includes all the minor branches. so not sure I could really do that.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Percy,your vue tree renders a dam sight quicker than my xfrog trees of similar size,bout 6 times quicker!!!
              im impressed.

Comment

cool to know!

Comment

powerandrubber:
                  decent idea about lowering the poly count on the trees. Looks good at distance.

Percy:
                  Please

Comment

http://myweb.cableone.net/amylenhart/snowfield2.zip

Comment

Wow, 12.7mb Thanks

YOINK!!

Comment

Hey Percy.... dont mean to put you out, but if you get a chance could you render a 1600x1200 render of that one that you posted? Perhaps without the fountains o' Milk and with the PS work.

Im after a new desktop and think that would look splendid for awhile. Something about that render really floats my boat.

If you dont have time thats cool. Dont wanna put you out anymore than I already have

Thanks Mate

Comment

ya that prolly cant happen for awhile. At least until the client gets theirs, if you know what i mean. lol

I doubt the client would be too keen in knowing that anyone has seen any of this before they have...lol

Comment

hahaha yeah thats cool mate. Thats what i thought anyway

Thanks for the sneak peak

Comment

Working...
                            X