Good graphics card for Non GPU rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good graphics card for Non GPU rendering

I've got a 4 year old AMD threadripper and a Titan RTX card, and I'm about to upgrade to a new AMD box, can someone recommend a newer comparable graphics card that hopefully isn't as much money as the Titan was?
    Don't do much GPU rendering or Vantage rendering, just need something responsive in the UI.

thanks!

The Titan was a bust for me. I spent a lot on it and I don't think it ever made me money. I am now on a 4090RTX, and it is working well for my interiors. I guess it depends on your budget. The 4090 is $2000, and the $3090 is $1500. The 3080 is around $500.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

great, thanks! I'll take a look at that one.

Comment

Just curious. Why would you have a thread ripper to do CPU rendering and need a 4090?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk View Post
          Just curious. Why would you have a thread ripper to do CPU rendering and need a 4090?
          I have no idea! LOL. I haven't kept up with graphics cards at all the last few years. I just need something that can keep up.

Comment

Still nice to have a 4090 for responsive viewport, and every other tool that uses GPU for stuff. I think there are a couple cheaper cards like the 4060 or 4070 or something that are a better bang for the buck if you don't need to render with it. I always just by the big one... because. I always get burned on the Threadrippers, where the next gaming chip outperforms it for like 1/8th the price. Not sure why I keep buying those.

Comment

1600 USD to drive a viewport? Surely not...
              James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
              Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

If you want to smoothly orbit and pan giant models it's worth it... Good for games too

Comment

Originally posted by Joelaff View Post
                  Good for games too
                  Just don't tell the tax man

James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
                  Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Gaming is market research.

Comment

Working...
                    X