Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render result different betwen IPR and production render

Hi, chaos team

Seens like I met a simple but weird problem. My render showed different results betwen IPR and Production render, V-Ray mesh lights with map that using V-RayDistance map node showed in IPR but disappeared in PR, image and files attachment below.

Using V-Ray 6.2 for 3ds Max 2024.

problem.zip

My guess is the distancetex map isn't supported. although it appears to be when rendered with ipr.... i've been experiencing similar issues https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...ross-the-board

Comment

Hi, thanks for posting and thanks for the scene.
      The scene renders same on my setup (3ds Max 2024.2, V-Ray CPU 6.2). Here is a gif from my VFB - https://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/s...2_17-19-21.gif

You have layers with opacity set to "0". This is why some of the lights are off. If we set the layers to 100% the image looks like this both in IPR and production rendering:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	3dsmax_2024-01-22_17-23-14.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	391.8 KB
ID:	1200370

My guess is the distancetex map isn't supported.
      VRayDistanceTex is supported and works flawlessly in my test. Please rusteberg if you still have issues with your scene share them in your thread.
      Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

the issue is that stuff is rendering differently between ipr and production render.

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir_krastev View Post
          You have layers with opacity set to "0". This is why some of the lights are off. If we set the layers to 100% the image looks like this both in IPR and production rendering:
          Hi, Vladimir, I really appreciate your reply.

It's kinda interesting because I even download back my scene and retry, it didn't work. What I want to achieve is the alternating flashing effect of neon lights on a sign. Therefore, the opacity of each light is set sequentially to 100 (for example, red-green-blue). I'm very surprised by your results because even when I upload this task to my regularly used rendering farm, not a single frame in the 50-frame sequence can render this V-Ray Mesh Light. Moreover, in my original scene, there are more similar lights, and none of them can render in PR.( Also I've rendered sequence on my 3 different render station, both of them failed.)

I upload a shot video might explain what I want to achieve better. Video.zip

Comment

VRayDistanceTex is supported and works flawlessly in my test. Please rusteberg if you still have issues with your scene share them in your thread.
            it doesn't work here. see attached with ipr showing it and production render not showing it.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rusteberg View Post

it doesn't work here. see attached with ipr showing it and production render not showing it.
              Yoo~, A MeshLight using a DistanceTex, seems like you reproduced my problem

Comment

New discover!

I accidently put a PHX particle shader in the scene and the mesh light just showed up in PR, even there is not any PHX grid in scene and the shader is completely unrenderable.

It sounds really weird and doesn't make any sense but it did work hahaha. I put another video and hope you guys can find out what is going on. Video2.zip

Comment

Hi, I did more tests. Still no issues on my end. I am using 3ds Max 2024.2 and V-Ray 6.20.02.
                  Here is the same simple scene as in rusteberg test:

Name:	3dsmax_2024-01-23_16-04-16.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	538.5 KB
ID:	1200484

Attached Files

Comment

Hi, I managed to reproduce the issue. I had activated an environment variable that was left over from another test and it affected this one as well.
                    The issue is reported under VMAX-13925 in our bug tracking system. We will notify you when the fix is ready.

Comment

Name:	3dsmax_2024-01-23_16-04-16.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	538.5 KB
ID:	1200484
                      I'm really confused. I downloaded your scene and it still showed result like me and rusteberg's before, but once I put that PHX shader in the scene and it showed up.

Would you please let other dev on other computer try this again? That's really really WEIRD.

Comment

Hi, I managed to reproduce the issue. I had activated an environment variable that was left over from another test and it affected this one as well.
                        The issue is reported under VMAX-13925 in our bug tracking system. We will notify you when the fix is ready.
                        Ohhh great, Thanks!

Comment

We posted at the same time. Please check my previous post.

Comment

Working...
                          X