Bercon Tile or maybe V-Ray tiles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bercon Tile or maybe V-Ray tiles?

Hi everyone. I'm just curious to know what you think about V-Ray Tiles. This could be an inhouse map that could replace Bercon Tiles. What do you currently use? What do you think could be improved in your current workflow?

Dimitar

That would be great. Bercontiles, is too fumbly and I can't get it to work properly with certain things. A native chaos tile map that can have tiles that work with multisubtex (random texture per tile), triplanar and uvwrandomizer (if for instance you only have one map and you want to rotate, scale, move the map per tile), out of the box, would be a nice to have. Also would be nice to work with 2D displacement.

I tried lots of tile plugins like VP Omnitiles and lately also Quicktiles: QuickTiles плагин для 3dmax (quick-tiles.com) which is quite nice. ​
    Last edited by Vizioen; 12-03-2024, 05:22 AM.
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

I think its a perfect idea, I love BerconTiles, but in some rare cases it causes crashes, I have tried CoronaTiles and its a good implement, simple and ready to use, something that would be interesting is to have a map similar to BerconGradient, with this map you can make interesting variations for each tile in color and displacement channels.

What I like about having Corona installed is that many of the Corona Maps are 100% compatible with V-Ray, but having a V-Ray option would be necesary to use those maps (I use alot Corona ColorCorrect, Front/Back, Corona Select) when exported to other platforms like Vantage.
      Last edited by ChuckRT; 12-03-2024, 08:10 AM.
      Carlos Rodriguez
      RTstudio
      Tutorials

Comment

It's a great idea.

Comment

Would love to see this. Working with 2D displacement as mentioned above. I use Bercon extensively and would like to finally replace this with a native Vray map.

Comment

We also need a VRay noise map that generates a different seed for each tile.

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
            oakcorp.net
            v-ray.jp

Comment

It's a great idea to add your own VRayTile map, as was done in Corona!
              V-RayMax Converter PRO
              MAXTools

Comment

A big +1 from us!
                http://www.glass-canvas.co.uk

Comment

100% with tons of options.

A geometry based tile modifier would be great ala floor generator.

Comment

A great tile maker would be fab, just try bercon with displacement, bercon joints are poor as well, next to useless for closeups. A Vray tile generator supported across their platforms would be a massive bonus.
                    AMD Threadripper 3990x 64C Processor, 128 GB DDR4-3200 Ram, 48 GB PNY Quadro RTX A6000, ​Windows Pro 10.0.19045, 3dsmax 2024 SP3, Vray 6 Update 2.1, Vantage 2.3.0​

Comment

+1 for this idea! I use BerconMaps but it has many downsides that an inhouse version would fix!

Comment

+1 VRayTile would be great!

Comment

Working...
                        X