VFB -> 8-bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found this from Fuji:
    GFX100_FLog_FGamut_to_WDR_BT.709_33grid_V.1.01.cub e LUT for F-Log (Look Up Table) / IDT for F-Log (Input Device Transform) | FUJIFILM X Series & GFX – Global (fujifilm-x.com)
    it looks like Fuji default ODT for BT.709 displays. Not sure but looks ok.

I'm attaching lut that would take you from acescg raw render to Fuji F-Log.
    put GFX100_FLog_FGamut_to_WDR_BT.709_33grid_V.1.01.cub e on top.
    this might be the default Fuji look. I guess.

edit: issues with forum uploads
    https://we.tl/t-8MamYIGCSl
    Last edited by piotrus3333; 09-04-2024, 09:49 AM.
    Marcin Piotrowski
    youtube

Comment

Originally posted by piotrus3333 View Post
      I found this from Fuji:
      GFX100_FLog_FGamut_to_WDR_BT.709_33grid_V.1.01.cub e LUT for F-Log (Look Up Table) / IDT for F-Log (Input Device Transform) | FUJIFILM X Series & GFX – Global (fujifilm-x.com)
      it looks like Fuji default ODT for BT.709 displays. Not sure but looks ok.

I'm attaching lut that would take you from acescg raw render to Fuji F-Log.
      put GFX100_FLog_FGamut_to_WDR_BT.709_33grid_V.1.01.cub e on top.
      this might be the default Fuji look. I guess.

edit: issues with forum uploads
      https://we.tl/t-8MamYIGCSl
      Thank you! Should come in handy in future
      James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
      Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

is there any Fuji software supplied with the camera? it should let you use those film emulations on a single raw photo, maybe even output this to log encoded 12 bit file. would make things much easier.
        Marcin Piotrowski
        youtube

Comment

is there any Fuji software supplied with the camera? it should let you use those film emulations on a single raw photo, maybe even output this to log encoded 12 bit file. would make things much easier.
          So the software that comes with the camera is operated on a PC/MAC but the processing happens in-camera (while it's plugged into your workstation). It's a bit of a black box and the RAWs do not get the same treatment unfortunately. This is why I am trying to match these 8-bit jpegs that come out of the camera.
          I have made a lot of progress in the last 24 hours and am very very close to getting what I wanted. The problem I had was that I was matching "corrected" colors in sRGB. I remade the color chart in max which gave me raw colors to match with which has largely solved my problem.

There's still a lot of stuff to do with color spaces and display correction that I really have a hard time understanding which I'm sure would have gotten me there sooner and would help me close that last tiny 1% gap between what I want and what I get.

Comment

good luck.
            and please share results.
            Marcin Piotrowski
            youtube

Comment

good luck.
              Will do! .

Comment

good luck.
                Ok so I have gotten what I need I think. The differences between my target and what I have is good enough. I'm still a bit lost when it comes to color spaces and bit-depths so for now they only work in PS in 8-bit mode and I needed to add a 2.2 gamma correction above the LUT in the VFB layer stack.
                Either way here's the full set of standard fuji film simulations at Dynamic Range setting of "200" if you'd like to see how they work. Happy to take feedback onboard if I can understand it.

Now that I have this base working I can create LUTs that reflect any fuji "recipes" like you'd find at https://fujixweekly.com/ or https://film.recipes/

Attached Files

Comment

Well I am slowly slowly progressing and am understanding gradually more of what you're talking about piotrus3333

I am currently quite lost in the world of gamma and profiles and view corrections. One thing that I am struggling with is understanding how my 8 bit target relates to the linear output from vray.

I believe I need to match the linear output from vray to my 8-bit target which has had an inverse 2.2 gamma curve applied in order to look correct once the vfb display correction is applied overtop of the final lut. One thing that is throwing a spanner in the works a bit is the the 'show corrected colors' button at the bottom of the vfb. It doesn't really explain to me what it is correcting to or from. Is someone able to explain this to me? Possibly hermit.crab or Lele whom I cannot tag.
                  Last edited by Pixelcon; 23-04-2024, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelcon View Post
                    Well I am slowly slowly progressing and am understanding gradually more of what you're talking about piotrus3333

I am currently quite lost in the world of gamma and profiles and view corrections. One thing that I am struggling with is understanding how my 8 bit target relates to the linear output from vray.

I believe I need to match the linear output from vray to my 8-bit target which has had an inverse 2.2 gamma curve applied in order to look correct once the vfb display correction is applied overtop of the final lut. One thing that is throwing a spanner in the works a bit is the the 'show corrected colors' button at the bottom of the vfb. It doesn't really explain to me what it is correcting to or from. Is someone able to explain this to me? Possibly hermit.crab or Lele whom I cannot tag.
                    between raw linear scene reffered data from vray or camera sensor and srgb display is:
                    linear to Fuji log encoding (formula available from fuji)
                    Fuji log to srgb display (luts from fuji)
                    your look luts (made from differences in display-ready jpg images from your camera)

no gamma transfer function needed. just set vfb display correction to „none”.
                    Marcin Piotrowski
                    youtube

Comment

Working...
                    X