No announcement yet.

Flowers? For me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

link don't work anymore and i also can't see the pics.
    http://www.3dvision.co.il

Comment

Elf:

I'm at home now and have no access to the flock scene, which I did a long while ago, btw.

However, from memory, the flapping wings is done through morph targets. I think it only took me 20mins or so to create the flock from a single bird, so you could probably do the same:

Ungroup the flock.
      Delete all but 1 bird.
      Scale the remaining bird through whatever method you like.
      Make 4-6 or so COPIES of the bird, and move the keyframes of each COPY 1 or 2 steps so that no 2 birds are in the same position at the same time.

then

For a still:
      Create however many INSTANCES of each bird you need, placing them randomly in your scene.

For an animation:
      Create a (similar) path for each COPY, then use the sample script that comes with Max for flocking, which works on a single object, and creates copies itself. The script randomises the initial path slightly for each copy, if I remember correctly.

-------------------------------

I could have gotten some of that wrong, my memory's not what it was. These days it's like errrr...y'know, a thingy
      if you've seen one CG shopping centre, you've seen a mall...

Comment

Can you post those to rapidshare so that we can download too? No bandwith issues there..

http://www.rapidshare.de/

Thanks for sharing
        --Muzzy--

Comment

After scaling an object you should use "reset xform" utility and collapse it to the base this will get it back to terms with the world, another option is to scale the object in a subobject mode.
          Eric Boer
          Dev

Comment

i rescaled with the plants. but the birds are tricky. i can do it, its just going to be work. tricky because they are animated

---------------------------------------------------
            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

i just did a test and realised there was no difference. i could swear i remember someone posting something on here about this. that if two objects that looked the same size however one was really huge and scalled down in max to be 2% or so to make it the same size as the other that there would be some sort of behavioral difference. maybe in file size or something. beats me.

---------------------------------------------------
              MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
              stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

as i was saying earlier
                the rest of us can't download the flowers or see the images.
                if somone could post a new link for them it would be great.
                gili

Comment

gili : as I was saying earlier, I reached my bandwidth limit on my domain.

Apologies for that - didn't realise these would be so popular. Now I'm screwed for the rest of the month!

<-- even my avatar is gone

Links should work now tho...

Comment

thank you very much george .
                    didn't saw your first reply . (sorry for that).
                    gili

Comment

George, when I try to open the files I get a message that I am missing reactor.dlc and parameditor.gup. This happens often to me. I'm using Max 6. I do not know why I am missing these files? I searched for them on the CD, but do not find them. Is there some place they can be downloaded?

Comment

cristoforo: I'm surprised you can open them at all - they're Max 7.5.

Reactor comes as part of Max 7 and the parameter editor is a new modifier (used to be a script in Max 6, I think). None of the files makes use of either of these features, though.

Can you still use them, or does the error stop the files loading?

Comment

No. I cannot open them. Right away I receive the error, then the file never opens. I have Max 7 at home.....I'll give it a try there. We need to update Max here at work!

Comment

Finally a Norwegian spruce!! Working in Norway its always been a bit cheesy with all the palms and poplars. .. :P Thanks a bunch!
                            Regards,
                            Erik N

"Second to the right and straight on 'till morning!"

Comment

friends,
                              i don't know how to say this
                              huaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
                              i can't download the trees
                              it says i have to get premium thingy to be able to download
                              they said i was downloading so i couldn't download any at the
                              same time(of course i haven't done any downloading yet). i would like to pay the payphone premium access thing, but they don't have
                              singapore flag under their country selection.

any suggestion guys? any other link?

i am craving for those trees
                              Dominique Laksmana

Comment

Originally posted by Erik N
                                Finally a Norwegian spruce!! Working in Norway its always been a bit cheesy with all the palms and poplars. .. :P Thanks a bunch!
                                Vokser ikke popler i norge da? Sikker på at jeg har sett noen i nærheten av fagerborg.
                                Signing out,
                                Christian

Comment

Working...
                                X