Skyscrapper Glass???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skyscrapper Glass???

Anyone has a good setting for a vray skyscrapper glass? I have a friend here at work that told me that he used in the standard max material a metal shader and the glass looks very nice and i was wandering if there was something to achive the same effect in vray?

following exemples by 3d-win:

That glass done look anything special.. its mostly in the reflections.

I would suggest.
    Black diffuse
    White reflection (vary if needed)
    fresnel ticked (also works very well in some cirumstances with it unticked.. then you need to lower the reflection alot)
    white refraction
    choose fog color to suit and lower fog multiplyer until you get a nice color.

But its still gonna look shit unless you have it reflecting something nice.

Comment

I believe those kind of glasses can be produced with some tweakings.
      The fastest way is to use a MIRROR type material, then mask them and
      in PS adjust all the rest (opacity, etc.)
      But as DaForce said, it's all about that it would reflect.

A glass in a pitch-dark is hard to be seen, isn't it ?

Best regards,
      nikki Candelero
      .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

To really get the nice realistic skyscraper glass look, you need to remember that in real life, that glass is warped considerably. So I like to give the glass a slight bump map as follows. I render an ortho elevation with mullions flat black and glass flat white. Then I take it into PhotoShop and magic wand each pane of glass and separately give them a slight gray to black gradiant at all different directions. Then when all are done, I use a large fuzzy burn brush to dirty it up a bit. Lastly, I use levels to adjust the darks so that the black to gray variation is very subtle. I map this back onto the glass with a very slight bump map that warps the reflection just enought to make it look real. This sounds like it takes a long time but it goes really fast and the results are worth it.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Candelero
          A glass in a pitch-dark is hard to be seen, isn't it ?
          Isn't everything? They're right about the reflections though...
          www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Working...
          X