VraySun / VraySky Animatable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VraySun / VraySky Animatable?

Is the VraySun / VraySky system animatable?

i.e. could you simulate the sun moving from midday, through to dusk and through to night, in the same quick way you can animate the standard Max Sun moving according to time of day - but obviously using the VraySun / VraySky system it should analytically change the colour of the sky and amount of lighting etc?

Yes

Comment

nice.

Comment

you can make max daylight system turn it off, link vray sun to it, animate max sunsystem and that should do the trick. Vray sky will animate automaticly to the sun.
        Dmitry Vinnik
        Silhouette Images Inc.
        ShowReel:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
        https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

we've been asked to do a 15 second animation in the style of time lapse photography, with the sun moving from day through to night, but also with "weather" zooming in and out.

I'm doing a lot of research into how to achieve this, but how would you say is the best way to achieve this in the most believeable way?

Comment

Here is one I did a bit ago testing the new sun/sky:

http://www.redeyetales.com/forum/Vray/Sunset.mov

Is that what you are looking for?

Comment

nice one chris, how long were the render times for this? a see a bit noise flickering...
              Dmitry Vinnik
              Silhouette Images Inc.
              ShowReel:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
              https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

yep thats exactly what i'm going to need to achieve, but it's an external shot and i'll probably need to show some weather clouds also.

That's really nice - your colours are absoluetly spot on, really strong during midday and really nice and subtle in the evening. Supurb work Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbid Angel
                  nice one chris, how long were the render times for this? a see a bit noise flickering...
                  Noise is actually a lot less in the raw frames. That compressor sucked. But there is slight noise. I think it is bit from the GI, but also from the AA, and the DOF effect. I sorta went nuts and have it all... brute force QMC GI, DOF, etc... on my now old dual AMD 2600+ took around 40 min to a hour a frame. Based on the benchmark thread, a new computer should do that 6 times faster.... so 6 to 10 min a frame is my guess. Oh yeah... this is also with the physical camera... IMHO, the sun/sky is nothing compared to how impressive the physical camera will be.

Comment

Originally posted by cpnichols
                    IMHO, the sun/sky is nothing compared to how impressive the physical camera will be.
                    Anything out of NDA that can be said about it?
                    Even with a big "FEATURE PREVIEW: MIGHT CHANGE OR GET DITCHED" label attached?

Cheers,

Lele

Comment

Originally posted by studioDIM
                      IMHO, the sun/sky is nothing compared to how impressive the physical camera will be.
                      Anything out of NDA that can be said about it?
                      Even with a big "FEATURE PREVIEW: MIGHT CHANGE OR GET DITCHED" label attached?

Cheers,

Lele
                      I'm not sure what I can say... but I will say that I will finally be dealing with a camera rather then a paint brush.

Comment

We recently had to do some sunrise shots with timelapse clouds. We used Dreamscape to do them and it worked out pretty fine. Rendertimes exploded tho as i had to render Spherical Reflection Maps at incredible sizes :P

Thorsten

Comment

I'm not sure what I can say... but I will say that I will finally be dealing with a camera rather then a paint brush.
                          LMAO!
                          This definitely disperses the mist
                          I just wanted to understand what we can expect from it from a Max interface perspective (it seems the 1.5 preview is fairly clear as to the features).
                          Ie. has it got f-stops, blades, and so on? Has it got some kind of exposure controls akin to real cameras, or f-stops work only to change the DoF, and so on...

I guess patience is the strongest of allies though, at this time :P

Lele

Comment

just a bunch of spinners
                            Eric Boer
                            Dev

Comment

aaaah geee!
                              even taken the piss of!

patience, Lele, patience.

Lele

Comment

Working...