Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combustion Motion Blur

what channels are necessary to basically handle motion blur
    in combustion to smooth out an animation sequence.
    I've read many topics, but there are many differing opinions.

We have an Interior animation sequence, only the camera is in motion.
    We are using Max 7/7.5 vRay and Combustion

We have object ids set, we are using mat modifiers, and multisubobject
    In the RPF settings, what would be the best channels, or the minumum channels to use for the simple purpose of using combustion to smooth out
    our sequence with motion blur

I've seen one forum where the minimum is Z / MatEffects/Object/Normal/ and Coverage. That was old though.
    I've seen posts saying simply only the Velocity Channel

Could someone lay this out for me in a simple guidline?
    Which channels are absolutely necessary to accomplish this and maybe
    addtional channels that might be prudent to include in the process.

This would be greatly appreciated.

i think i heard that z depth, coverage and velocity are all you need

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Combustion Motion Blur

What about G-Buffers? I thought I read somewhere on the forums that certaiin corresponding G-Buffers need to be selected as well as the RPF settings. I assume that means from the V_Ray: G-Buffer/Color Mapping Roll-Out?

Can anyone clarify that as well?

Comment

what daelf mentioned is exectly gbuffer.
        in the new build the gbuffer window have been moved to max render elements.
        Dmitry Vinnik
        Silhouette Images Inc.
        ShowReel:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
        https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Originally posted by Morbid Angel
          what daelf mentioned is exectly gbuffer.
          in the new build the gbuffer window have been moved to max render elements.
          We are working with the stock 1.47.03 build so, to be sure I get what everyone is saying (have to slow it down for my reptillian brain), when we want to render to RPF for motion blur purposes we:

Select the depth, coverage and velocity items under the G-Buffer rollout (or render elements if you have a newer build) and also select those same items in the Render to RPF dialog?

Comment

So, I set the 3 choices da_elf mentioned in the rpf settings.
            then I go to the V_Ray: G-Buffer/Color Mapping Roll-Out and do what Now?? in correspondance with RPF settings??and then also have some dealings in the Max Render Elements also ?? This is becoming confusing. Thanks for the input so far.
            Can someone elaborate some more. much appreciated.

Comment

what you need to do is open colormapping/gbuffer rollout, and pick the channels you want to output:
              velocity, coveredge, subpixel weight are the ones for motion blur. But it doesnt hurt to have zdepth and normals in there aswell. Then you open rpf output and check the corresponding channels in there. This should be all.
              Dmitry Vinnik
              Silhouette Images Inc.
              ShowReel:

Comment

Originally posted by Morbid Angel
                what you need to do is open colormapping/gbuffer rollout, and pick the channels you want to output:
                velocity, coveredge, subpixel weight are the ones for motion blur. But it doesnt hurt to have zdepth and normals in there aswell. Then you open rpf output and check the corresponding channels in there. This should be all.

Thanks a bunch for clarifying the issue!

Comment

np, in my tests I have concluded that for combustion rpf blur, it is important to have multiple gbuffer channels, but not all. So some testing would be required before you can establish an exact pipe, but I have done much rpf blur and it works well.
                  Dmitry Vinnik
                  Silhouette Images Inc.
                  ShowReel:

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

i've tried the MB in combustion, bust just saved the rpf's ticked with velocity,
                      without any VRay gbuffers.
                      and works great.
                      Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
                      www.shack.de

Comment

there's a neat page in the combustion help files labelled "Using 3D Post filters in combustion" which has a table with the required and suggested channels to output to an rla/rpf file.

Under the moblur column, it SUGGESTS Z-depth, NodeRenderID and Coverage, and it REQUIRES Velocity.

It also states, of course, that the more channels rendered, the better the effect quality, but the larger the image file.

It also allows for a very nice DoF effect, provided you haven't got massive clipmaps and stuff alike...

I used both extensively, and they do work a treat

Lele

Comment

Working...
                        X